2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

I can't remember if anyone else was on board or not, but this season of 12 Monkey's was excellent. I kind of liked them dropping all of the season over a three day period, as it made for a great binge watching of the season instead of having to wait a week for each episode. The season was awesome.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 12:00 AM)
Anyone else as nervous as I was watching Nacho swap those pills?

Ha. Yeah. We know where Tio ends up, but we also know Nacho probably ends up dead soon too.

Also noticed on the check Kim wrote was March 4, 2003, and Breaking Bad starts in 2007, so they have some time to fill.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2017 -> 10:05 AM)
They did a great job with that whole scene.

It says something for the quality of the show when you know he isn't gonna get caught switching the pills but still on the edge of your seat. The whole Nacho sequence was damn impressive. The actor playing Nacho has been wonderful. (He was also pretty good in Orphan Black too )

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 04:02 PM)
It says something for the quality of the show when you know he isn't gonna get caught switching the pills but still on the edge of your seat. The whole Nacho sequence was damn impressive. The actor playing Nacho has been wonderful. (He was also pretty good in Orphan Black too )

I have a feeling the cook they highlighted in the beginning of that scene will be his undoing. I bet he saw Nacho do it. Why else would they devote a few seconds to that nobody?

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)

Not necessarily. We know Hector becomes ill, but we don't know if it's from the pills. I was wondering if Nacho would get caught or fail, and a battle in which Nacho loses ends up rendering Hector injured anyway.

And yeah, Michael Mando is great on Orphan Black and also Far Cry 3. It's funny how the first time I ever saw the actor on TV (orphan black), I KNEW he was Vaas from Far Cry 3. They did an awesome job mo-capping him in to the game.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

10 years ago, The Sopranos ended.

It was the night I thought I sat on the remote at the worst possible time.

Most people hated it but yet, 10 years later, people still talk about it.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:02 PM)

See that is the fun part. We don't actually KNOW if that is even what cripples him. We know that Mike and Gus are still gunning for him as well.

I've watched Arrested Development many times, but I recently got my girlfriend to start watching it. We've been watching it together for the past few weeks, and man, that show is way funnier than I remember. A great re-watch option for sure.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 11:43 PM)
I've watched Arrested Development many times, but I recently got my girlfriend to start watching it. We've been watching it together for the past few weeks, and man, that show is way funnier than I remember. A great re-watch option for sure.

Every time I rewatch it I pick up jokes I missed, it's crazy.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 11:43 PM)

I rewatched about six months ago, and it got better with age.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 09:07 AM)
Everything on Saul continues to blow me away. Pacing, storytelling, details. I need a cold shower.

Great episode again this week. I had a feeling the pills weren't going to work, seemed like a classic Gilligan misdirection.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 11:09 AM)
Great episode again this week. I had a feeling the pills weren't going to work, seemed like a classic Gilligan misdirection.

I wanted to cry for Kim during that last shot as the camera pulled away to show her accident and mess of papers she worked all night on.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 11:16 AM)
I wanted to cry for Kim during that last shot as the camera pulled away to show her accident and mess of papers she worked all night on.

What a powerful range of emotions during his last two scenes. She gets stuck in the dust/dirt in the field, and then almost wrecks her car trying to get it out. Then pow, the accident.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 11:30 AM)
What a powerful range of emotions during his last two scenes. She gets stuck in the dust/dirt in the field, and then almost wrecks her car trying to get it out. Then pow, the accident.

Yeah that was good stuff. Can't wait for the finale.