2017 Watercooler TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 11:38 AM)
10 years ago today, Flight of the Conchords premiered on HBO. One of my all time favorite shows. It's on Amazon Prime in case you haven't gotten around to seeing it yet.

It's absurd how well this show holds up today, it's still so, so good.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 05:57 AM)
Better Call Saul finale was great. The entire season was some of the best TV on right now. Chuck's breakdown was one of the saddest scenes in recent memory.

Yeah. That very end was dark.

I say every week how great this show is.

Hurry back

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 03:57 AM)
Better Call Saul finale was great. The entire season was some of the best TV on right now. Chuck's breakdown was one of the saddest scenes in recent memory.

I'd imagine those last words to Jimmy will break him after finding out what happened to Chuck.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 05:57 AM)

And so well orchestrated, powerful. I was a bit disappointed there wasn't more action on some of the other storylines, but really looking forward to the next season as soon as the ending credits rolled.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 07:58 AM)
And so well orchestrated, powerful. I was a bit disappointed there wasn't more action on some of the other storylines, but really looking forward to the next season as soon as the ending credits rolled.

Yeah, where was Mike?!

Geez guys, it wasn't the SERIES finale. I mean we saw what happens to Chuck and how Hector became an invalid. That's some good stuff for a one hour season finale.

I trust Gilligan and crew.

Edited by Brian

Geez guys, it wasn't the SERIES finale. I mean we saw what happens to Chuck and how Hector became an invalid. That's some good stuff for a one hour season finale.

I trust Gilligan and crew.

I'm not complaining. I thought the finale and entire season were fantastic.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 10:24 AM)
One thing I wondered... When Jimmy it sitting in his car out in front of Chuck's house, I could have sworn in the background was one of Jesse's houses he lived in. Did anyone else catch that?

The scenery certainly looked familiar, I thought the same thing.

Love the easter egg of the bell on the counter. Was waiting for Walter to walk in to get his car detailed.

Something I wasn't expecting since I cut the cable, we are watching obscure shows that we would never had otherwise. I don't watch much, but my wife watches a couple hours a day. She binged watched Foley's War the past couple weeks. I enjoyed the episodes I watched. I'm not even certain of the name but it's a British show Fisher Murders or something like that. We also watched a crime detective show from Canada that was set in the early 1900s where the main character was always using "new" scientific advances, or they would have "before they were famous" historical figures play minor roles.