Meryl Streep; Keith Olbermann

greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 18, 2017 -> 11:39 PM)
What a f-ed up country. People only care about their own party in politics. Nobody cares about the country. Very sad.

Here's the reality of the situation: Some people actually think Trump will work hard and try to help the country. Just because you have a D by your name doesn't mean you can't get behind Trump. What's the alternative? We all die? If Trump sucks and commits an impeachable offense, by all means let's get rid of him. Until then, s***, maybe things will get better. The people whining should be incensed at their own party for nominating a person WHO COULD NOT BEAT TRUMP. As for now, why not work with him and hope the economy improves and the little guy and gal start making some fricking money.

ROFL

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)
He has already committed several. Refusal to divest from his companies as a start.

If that's true, then impeach him. I'm all for getting rid of him if he has committed impeachable offenses. Otherwise, I can hope for an improved economy. I don't want to die homeless someday. I need $$ like we all do.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 06:14 PM)
If that's true, then impeach him. I'm all for getting rid of him if he has committed impeachable offenses. Otherwise, I can hope for an improved economy. I don't want to die homeless someday. I need $$ like we all do.

As with you, the Republicans in Congress only care about corruption when they can throw that allegation at Hillary Clinton. The moment he puts his hand on the Bible and it bursts into flame, he will be in violation of the constitution by profiting from his office.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 05:50 PM)
As with you, the Republicans in Congress only care about corruption when they can throw that allegation at Hillary Clinton. The moment he puts his hand on the Bible and it bursts into flame, he will be in violation of the constitution by profiting from his office.

Meanwhile, Trump is planning to wipe out the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, NEA and NEH...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix...m=.a290942ac087

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tru...m=.992b334ae444

Meanwhile, in an article Balta could have written about conflicts of interest with the Old Post Office/Trump DC Hotel...

Rates this week were five times higher than normal – meaning many of the rooms are running at least $2,000 a night — and required a five-night minimum beginning Tuesday.

Trump has turned over management of his business to his sons Donald Jr. and Eric, but he does not plan to sell his assets. He said this month that he would donate “profits” from foreign business clients to the U.S. Treasury. However, neither Trump nor representatives of the Trump Organization have provided details on how such payments would be tracked, collected and disbursed.

Given such issues, Rep. Elijah E. Cummings (Md.) and other congressional Democrats have pushed the General Services Administration to cancel the Old Post Office Pavilion lease.

GSA officials have said that no violations have yet occurred.

“No determination regarding the Old Post Office can be completed until the full circumstances surrounding the ­President-elect’s business arrangements have been finalized and he has assumed office,” the agency said in a statement.

[Update: Feds say it’s ‘premature’ to judge lease for Trump’s D.C. hotel]

By then, of course, GSA will be part of the new administration — raising the prospect of a Trump appointee renegotiating the lease with one of his sons.

Steven L. Schooner, a professor of government procurement law at George Washington University, said he feared that the GSA would “just bury its head in the sand and hope the storm blows over” even though “this problem isn’t going to get better with time.”

Also, the Washington Post columns are being offered free for this three day Inauguration Day period, fwiw.

And how many times have we heard about Trump making or pledging donations that never actually took place? Must be 50-75 times in the last six months by my count.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 11:50 PM)

If he's in violation of the constitution then impeach him. I am not beholden to Trump. I just can't believe you guys won't take responsibility for choosing a candidate that can't even beat Donald Trump. Many on this site blast Trump over and over but act like this is some conspiracy. The Democrats chose a candidate who had no chance of winning cause she is DESPISED nationally even more than Trump.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 12:16 AM)
If he's in violation of the constitution then impeach him. I am not beholden to Trump. I just can't believe you guys won't take responsibility for choosing a candidate that can't even beat Donald Trump. Many on this site blast Trump over and over but act like this is some conspiracy. The Democrats chose a candidate who had no chance of winning cause she is DESPISED nationally even more than Trump.

She got the most votes of any candidate in the history of the United States, but yes, ok.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 11:16 PM)

When are you going to stop talking about her? Ever? Your bulls*** rhetoric is tired. Go home

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 19, 2017 -> 11:16 PM)

Well, two things Greg. One, he won the Electoral College. More people actually cast a vote for her. SO...he won, but it isn't really a win per se. But, he did win fair and square.

Second, in response to your original question...you are asking if celebrities should have said what they said. Donald Trump did the exact same thing for...how many years before this? I mean, come on, he may be a much lower level celebrity, but he's been in the public eye since the 80's at the very least. And has tweeted his opinions for the last 5+ years. Why can he do it but no one else can?

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jan 20, 2017 -> 09:38 AM)
Second, in response to your original question...you are asking if celebrities should have said what they said. Donald Drumpf did the exact same thing for...how many years before this? I mean, come on, he may be a much lower level celebrity, but he's been in the public eye since the 80's at the very least. And has tweeted his opinions for the last 5+ years. Why can he do it but no one else can?

Greg was likely cheering on Hollywood elitist, Clint Eastwood when he was talking to an empty chair, demeaning Obama.