President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

A Russian lawyer who met with President Donald Trump’s oldest son last year says he indicated that a law targeting Russia could be re-examined if his father won the election and asked her for written evidence that illegal proceeds went to Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Yes, it was all about adoption. Send Jr. to jail, although I am sure he will be pardoned. But hey, Hillary.

NO COLLUSION. NONE. FAKE NEWS. Yet at least 9 member of Trump's campaign team have been busted talking to Russians. At first, not one had.

LOCK THEM UP

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 6, 2017 -> 07:22 AM)
The ACA, as designed, was a pipe dream, but when you have nothing else to argue just say "GOP", point and giggle like a 12 year old and you win. That's how every other discussion on this site ends.

Then explain to me why it was working well in states that accepted Medicaid expansion, and actually WORKED with the federal government to adopt and implement the program? In blue states with blue legislatures, the ACA worked great. In Red states, or blue ones with red legislatures, it failed. Hm. Wonder why.

Extreme vetting only works with non white people. It wouldn't have made a difference in this last tragedy. It only would have hurt because the guy that shot the perp while he was running away might not have had a gun and more would have been killed, according to the Supreme Ruler wannabe.

Why have any gun laws at all? Make it the Wild, wild west again. People don't shoot people with guns. You never see gang members get shot do you? They are packing. Instead of the $4k "raise" everyone is going to get, give everyone a gun and enough ammo for a lifetime. Violence problem solved.

More than 13,000 people have died from gun violence in the U.S. this year alone—far more than have perished due to terrorism, drunken driving and HIV/AIDS, all of which have triggered national concern and government action. But lawmakers' responses to gun deaths pale in comparison.

The government's reaction to incidents like Sunday's mass shooting in small-town Texas church is so subdued that even Kim Kardashian had to call out our leaders, in the form of (what else?) a tweet reminding that "one shoe bomber tried to blow up a plane and now we take off our shoes, 1,520 mass shootings since Sandy Hook and Congress has done NOTHING."

Indeed, Congress has rejected more than 100 gun control proposals since 2011, according to CBS News. Despite calls for action after mass shootings like the one that left 20 children dead in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012 or the one that became the country's deadliest in Las Vegas last month, little is happening.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-says-extrem...topstories.html

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 6, 2017 -> 08:54 AM)
If the ACA didnt exist, what were your options?

My options were many plans from several different carriers, it was a free market. Once the carriers were forced to follow all of the rules of the ACA, the basically said f*** the individual plan health care user. Almost every company just decided to stop offering those plans. And the ones that still do, extremely limit what networks and plans they provide to those people.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 7, 2017 -> 10:19 AM)
My options were many plans from several different carriers, it was a free market. Once the carriers were forced to follow all of the rules of the ACA, the basically said f*** the individual plan health care user. Almost every company just decided to stop offering those plans. And the ones that still do, extremely limit what networks and plans they provide to those people.

So do you not get a plan through a company, you get it directly from the insurance provider?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2017 -> 11:16 AM)
Donald Trump Jr. is taking to twitter to urge Republicans to VOTE GILLESPIE! in VA tomorrow

The election is today. I wonder if he thinks 11/8 is always election day?

He did it twice, and in between was busy calling Keith Olbermann a dumb ass.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 7, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
So do you not get a plan through a company, you get it directly from the insurance provider?

Exactly. I own a small business with no need for a group plan. My wife works for a small business, that's an agency for a large insurance company, but she's an employee of the agency, not the insurance company Before the ACA, the large corporation would offer insurance coverage to the employees of the small agency, but that was taken away once the ACA hit. While you can put some blame on corporate greed, anybody could have realized this would happen when the law was passed.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2017 -> 09:04 AM)
Exactly. I own a small business with no need for a group plan. My wife works for a small business, that's an agency for a large insurance company, but she's an employee of the agency, not the insurance company Before the ACA, the large corporation would offer insurance coverage to the employees of the small agency, but that was taken away once the ACA hit. While you can put some blame on corporate greed, anybody could have realized this would happen when the law was passed.

Yeah, thats clearly a hole in the final version of the ACA and frankly one that they should fix with expansion.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 7, 2017 -> 11:16 AM)
Donald Trump Jr. is taking to twitter to urge Republicans to VOTE GILLESPIE! in VA tomorrow

The election is today. I wonder if he thinks 11/8 is always election day?

I really really don't like that guy. The few things I have seen retweeted from him are way worse than anything from his dad.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 8, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
I really really don't like that guy. The few things I have seen retweeted from him are way worse than anything from his dad.

He grew up being raised by a psycho mother, some help they hired and has never had his dad's love. Classic case.

Over the course of three rainy, dreary days last week, I revisited and shook hands with the president’s base—that thirtysomething percent of the electorate who resolutely approve of the job he is doing, the segment of voters who share his view that the Russia investigation is a “witch hunt” that “has nothing to do with him,” and who applaud his judicial nominees and his determination to gut the federal regulatory apparatus. But what I wasn’t prepared for was how readily these same people had abandoned the contract he had made with them. Their satisfaction with Trump now seems untethered to the things they once said mattered to them the most.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/201...pporters-215800

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Nov 8, 2017 -> 10:52 AM)

“Shame on them,” Del Signore said over his alfredo. “These clowns are out there, making millions of dollars a year, and they’re using some stupid excuse that they want equality—so I’ll kneel against the flag and the national anthem?”

“You’re not a fan of equality?” I asked.

“For people who deserve it and earn it,” he said. “All my ancestors, Italian, 100-percent Italian, the Irish, Germans, Polish, whatever—they all came over here, settled in places like this, they worked hard and they earned the respect. They earned the success that they got. Some people don’t want to do that. They just want it handed to them.”

“Like NFL players?” I said.

“Well,” Del Signore responded, “I hate to say what the majority of them are …” He stopped himself short of what I thought he was about to say.

Schilling and her husband, however, did not restrain themselves.

“The thing that irritates me to no end is this NFL s***,” Schilling told me in her living room. “I’m about ready to go over the top with this s***. We do not watch no NFL now.” They’re Dallas Cowboys fans. “We banned ‘em. We don’t watch it.”

Schilling looked at her husband, Dave McCabe, who’s 67 and a retired high school basketball coach. She nodded at me. “Tell him,” she said to McCabe, “what you said the NFL is …”

McCabe looked momentarily wary. He laughed a little. “I don’t remember saying that,” he said unconvincingly.

Schilling was having none of it. “You’re the one that told me, liar,” she said.

She looked at me.

The NFL?

“n*****s for life,” Schilling said.

“For life,” McCabe added.

~Economic Anxiety~

“Everybody I talk to,” he said, “realizes it’s not Trump who’s dragging his feet. Trump’s probably the most diligent, hardest-working president we’ve ever had in our lifetimes. It’s not like he sleeps in till noon and goes golfing every weekend, like the last president did.”

~Extreme Detachment From Reality~

I don't know when the media will tire of their "let's interview Trump voters to find out they still like Trump, have no understanding of the world around them" stories.

edit: wonder why Trump voters are so misinformed?

Del Signore said he’s been following politics far more than before because of Trump. Trump, he said, is just “more interesting.” So now he likes watching the news. “Ninety-nine percent of the time I watch Fox,” he said. “Sometimes I’ll be sitting there listening to all this Fox stuff, and I’ll say, ‘Maybe they aren’t right, maybe I’ll flip to CNN’—but every time I’ve found that Fox has been correct, and CNN is definitely fake news.”
Edited by StrangeSox

I loved the one where they were talking to the woman going through the checklist of things Trump said he would do that he hasn't done, and she doesn't care, she likes him because he does what he says he will do. And they are racist.

Why didn't the woman who lost her son to an OD just tell him drugs were bad?

This pretty much sums it all up:

Johnstown voters do not intend to hold the president accountable for the nonnegotiable pledges he made to them. It’s not that the people who made Trump president have generously moved the goalposts for him. It’s that they have eliminated the goalposts altogether.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 8, 2017 -> 11:12 AM)
I just can't imagine living in that post industrial hellhole. Mass poverty and daily drug overdoses and the one thing you are most mad about is an NFL player kneeling. It's hard to understand.

Well, everyone else is to blame, and Trump will fix it.