President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 02:44 PM)
When I had to take my daughter to the hospital, I was no longer allowed to go to the top hospital near me that we used to attend, now forced to visit a s***tier hospital. I now only have one choice of insurance carrier because the ACA forced so many to go out of business. And this carrier is allowed to say I'm not profitable enough for them, so they shut me out of 75% of their network.

You do realize that in order for you to suddenly have insurance, they had to take it away from someone else. Not sure why anyone would even want to open a small business anymore, given how screwed over you get on health insurance.

And my mom has been diabetic in this country for 45 years and never once had a problem getting insurance.

You have one choice for coverage because your state trashed the program thanks to Rauner and a GOP legislature. That's not on the ACA as designed, that's on your state's leadership.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 03:12 PM)
Well the other option was the insurance companies could drastically reduce their profits and that sure as hell wasn't gonna happen. The new coverage had to come from somewhere.

Medicare for all. Stop the nonsense already, it's time. (not directing the criticism at you, just a general statement)

People shouldn't be locked down on their jobs because of their health benefits. You should be able to open a business and not worry about that s***. It's sad, and I just recently got a job and have had a nagging shoulder issue for months. I'm happy I can finally get my shoulder looked at, in a month, when my benefits kick in, in f***ing america, the alleged greatest country on earth...

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Nov 5, 2017 -> 01:28 AM)
Medicare for all. Stop the nonsense already, it's time. (not directing the criticism at you, just a general statement)

People shouldn't be locked down on their jobs because of their health benefits. You should be able to open a business and not worry about that s***. It's sad, and I just recently got a job and have had a nagging shoulder issue for months. I'm happy I can finally get my shoulder looked at, in a month, when my benefits kick in, in f***ing america, the alleged greatest country on earth...

Good idea. Why hasn't anyone in Congress thought of that yet?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 5, 2017 -> 03:12 PM)
Making this public is likely a tactic to convince Flynn to spill whatever other information he's got in return for some leniency.

When the smoke clears we’re going to see the whole gang (appropriate description) is involved with Russia.

Since there's probably no point to open up yet another "mass shooting" topic:

The United States locks up more of its population proportionally than any other country in the world, including authoritarian regimes such as Russia and China, according to the International Centre for Prison Studies.

It also leads in another dubious statistic: More Americans are killed by fellow citizens armed with guns than in any other advanced country, according to the Small Arms Survey. In 2011 alone, according to FBI statistics, more than 11,000 Americans were killed by firearms in the United States (a figure that excludes suicides).

Despite all the reasonable concerns in the United States about jihadist terrorism, in any given year Americans are almost 2,000 times more likely to be killed by a fellow American armed with a gun than by a jihadist terrorist. Since the 9/11 attacks, 103 people have been killed on US soil by jihadist terrorists, according to data collected by New America. Just last week, in fact, eight people were killed in a terrorist attack in lower Manhattan.

By contrast, in the United Kingdom, a country which is similar to the United States in terms of its laws and culture, Britain suffers around 50 to 60 gun deaths a year in a country where the population is around a fifth the size of the United States. In other words, you are about 40 times more likely to be killed by an assailant with a gun in the United States than you are in the United Kingdom.

source: CNN

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 10:15 PM)
You have one choice for coverage because your state trashed the program thanks to Rauner and a GOP legislature. That's not on the ACA as designed, that's on your state's leadership.

The ACA, as designed, was a pipe dream, but when you have nothing else to argue just say "GOP", point and giggle like a 12 year old and you win. That's how every other discussion on this site ends.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 6, 2017 -> 05:22 AM)
The ACA, as designed, was a pipe dream, but when you have nothing else to argue just say "GOP", point and giggle like a 12 year old and you win. That's how every other discussion on this site ends.

But when you have nothing else to argue just say "liberals", point and giggle like a 12 year old and you win. That's how every other discussion on this site ends.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Nov 6, 2017 -> 06:30 AM)
But when you have nothing else to argue just say "liberals", point and giggle like a 12 year old and you win. That's how every other discussion on this site ends.

Actually, what republicans say when they are in a pinch is Hillary Clinton. Supposedly that OK's treason.

Jared forgot another contact with Russians on his security clearance form. He has forgotten just about every one, and even forgot he owned a company he was selling during the transition process. Must be too busy solving the opioid crisis, and bringing peace to the Middle East.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 6, 2017 -> 05:37 AM)
According to Trump, someone else with guns saved it from becoming worse. Guns save lives. Who knew?

Second mass shooting in a couple of months. Still too soon to be talking about guns.

I’m a gun supporter, but this shooting blatantly demonstrates why more gun controls are desperately needed. A man who served time for a violent crime against his own family was able to purchase a weapon that allowed him to massacre 25+ people in about 15 seconds. I applaud the civilian with the gun who chased the shooter down, but even if everyone in the church was locked & loaded it would have made no difference because they were ambushed and shot in the back.

What’s sad is this shooting should be politicized for why our gun controls are terrible, but the overwhelming voice will be guns saved the day, especially if this civilian delivered the final blow. This country is doomed when handguns, shotguns, & hunting rifles are not enough for recreation & self defense. We continue to allow mentally ill (another issue that needs to be tackled) individuals the ability to buy weapons & accessories that are designed to kill as many people as possible in the shortest period of time and then say there is nothing we can do. It’s absolutely disgusting that our government sits by shooting after shooting and does nothing, but obviously it’s no longer surprising given how much power the NRA and how stupid half our country is.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 01:44 PM)
When I had to take my daughter to the hospital, I was no longer allowed to go to the top hospital near me that we used to attend, now forced to visit a s***tier hospital. I now only have one choice of insurance carrier because the ACA forced so many to go out of business. And this carrier is allowed to say I'm not profitable enough for them, so they shut me out of 75% of their network.

You do realize that in order for you to suddenly have insurance, they had to take it away from someone else. Not sure why anyone would even want to open a small business anymore, given how screwed over you get on health insurance.

And my mom has been diabetic in this country for 45 years and never once had a problem getting insurance.

If the ACA didnt exist, what were your options?