President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 09:59 AM)
First open calls from Congressional Republicans for Mueller to resign

Ok so Mueller is forced to resign, this s*** just doesn't go away! He has members of his teams who are also investigating. God, Trump and his band of misfits are so short sighted it's scary.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
Be honest people... how many of you thought that a Trump presidency could be this bad.

The checks and balances are working thus far but his cult of followers are the ones that concern me the most. They are like zombies.

I'm surprised he hasn't trashed health care worse and I'm surprised he hasn't had much larger international conflicts so far. The rest of this is what the Republicans have been saying the've wanted to do for 8 years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
I'm surprised he hasn't trashed health care worse and I'm surprised he hasn't had much larger international conflicts so far. The rest of this is what the Republicans have been saying the've wanted to do for 8 years.

They've wanted to repeal and replace the ACA for that amount of time as well, that went nowhere. Hopefully their tax plan has just as much legislative success.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:02 AM)
Ok so Mueller is forced to resign, this s*** just doesn't go away! He has members of his teams who are also investigating. God, Trump and his band of misfits are so short sighted it's scary.

They'd replace him with someone who would play ball and either slow-play the investigation, severely limit its scope so the charges against Manafort and Gates would never arise and nobody would look into any other shady financial dealings, or expand it and go after the REAL criminals, the CROOKED DEMS!

The Republicans spent years and IIRC 12 different Congressional committees investigating BENGHAZI!!!! which turned up zero wrong-doing related to Benghazi but did expose Clinton's email server, the issue that dogged her for the entire campaign.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:59 AM)
First open calls from Congressional Republicans for Mueller to resign

The Uranium is totally a real story and not at all bulls*** used by the GOP to do exactly this.

TBH this is just the much more comfortable area for house republicans of signalling.

They know it's impractical and "wouldn't actually vote for it!", but they get to show their constituents they are TOUGH in protecting the president.

The president, of course, can't see that game. So he will start to think he has congressional support, fire mueller, and be surprised when congress has an issue with it.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:19 AM)
TBH this is just the much more comfortable area for house republicans of signalling.

They know it's impractical and "wouldn't actually vote for it!", but they get to show their constituents they are TOUGH in protecting the president.

The president, of course, can't see that game. So he will start to think he has congressional support, fire mueller, and be surprised when congress has an issue with it.

They will be deeply, deeply troubled and then do absolutely nothing about it because they have their own independent and very real & serious investigations going on, you see.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 10:11 AM)
They've wanted to repeal and replace the ACA for that amount of time as well, that went nowhere. Hopefully their tax plan has just as much legislative success.

The fact that the ACA is still around is so disappointing. It has put my children's health at risk and now I'm faced with even worse come January 1.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Nov 3, 2017 -> 11:00 AM)
Be honest people... how many of you thought that a Trump presidency could be this bad.

The checks and balances are working thus far but his cult of followers are the ones that concern me the most. They are like zombies.

This is exactly how we all expected it to be! At least those of us who weren't #StillSanders lunatics like Susan Sarandon. Lol.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 08:27 AM)
The fact that the ACA is still around is so disappointing. It has put my children's health at risk and now I'm faced with even worse come January 1.

Wat. Explain. It's the only reason I and many of my friends and family are able to be covered, and the only reason ANY diabetic is able to be covered at all. So. Yeah. Explain.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 07:41 AM)
This is exactly how we all expected it to be! At least those of us who weren't #StillSanders lunatics like Susan Sarandon. Lol.

You might be the last remaining person on Earth who has a boner for Hillary.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 09:42 AM)
Wat. Explain. It's the only reason I and many of my friends and family are able to be covered, and the only reason ANY diabetic is able to be covered at all. So. Yeah. Explain.

When I had to take my daughter to the hospital, I was no longer allowed to go to the top hospital near me that we used to attend, now forced to visit a s***tier hospital. I now only have one choice of insurance carrier because the ACA forced so many to go out of business. And this carrier is allowed to say I'm not profitable enough for them, so they shut me out of 75% of their network.

You do realize that in order for you to suddenly have insurance, they had to take it away from someone else. Not sure why anyone would even want to open a small business anymore, given how screwed over you get on health insurance.

And my mom has been diabetic in this country for 45 years and never once had a problem getting insurance.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 12:33 PM)
How has that been debunked? Are you referring to the DNC rigging?

Brazile was conflating different agreements and her "bombshell" the other day didn't really happen.

You can still argue about superdelegates and debate schedule etc but the fundraising agreement story was bunk

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 01:46 PM)
I know you personally were negatively impact and that sucks and should be fixed, but the idea that insurance is zero sum and somebody has to lose theirs for someone else to get it is very clearly wrong.

Well the other option was the insurance companies could drastically reduce their profits and that sure as hell wasn't gonna happen. The new coverage had to come from somewhere.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 4, 2017 -> 11:24 AM)
You might be the last remaining person on Earth who has a boner for Hillary.

I don't? I recognize that she and her campaign made massive mistakes in strategy, as I've said over and over again. I think she was a flawed candidate, but she was the best option we had. I was never head over heels for Hillary, though I do think she's the most resilient human on the planet. She's not even a public servant anymore and yet all we can do is talk s*** about her constantly. Can't imagine what it takes to live through that and still come on stage smiling.

Weird how a person can have a multi-faceted and nuanced perspective on something, right?