2017 White Sox Home and Away Uniform Change

Frank_Thomas

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Apr 2, 2017 -> 10:35 PM)
Also think we should start wearing White Socks instead of black, but that's never going to happen.

It should be mandatory that all White Sox players wear black stirrups with white socks.

The overall design of the '83's are nice but the logo is straight garbage compared to the majority of logos in the Sox history. It's also used way to often on throwback type apparel.

QUOTE (Tmar @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 05:58 AM)
Yeah the 83 jerseys are universally lauded soooo you guys who don't like them are in the minority. Let's make it a silent minority

They are terrible and dated and that's the end of it. Just be happy our current uni is awesome and has roots in the 1950s. A modern classic

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)
This. They are the perfect example of 80's awfulness.

Right. And the foundation of the slant Sox old english logo is just so strong. The idea of even rebranding to a batterman-type logo (looking like spring training) might be the worst suggestion.

If anything, I would update the uniform and keep the logo. And even then, I wouldn't do it. The White Sox have had pinstripes as long as the Yankees have.

I think the peak Sox uniforms were the '05 era.

- White, Gray, Black and Vests

- Sock logo on the sleeve, not the main Sox logo

Bring back the sock logo, make an updated '59 the Sunday jersey. Use '76 (Sale is gone), '83, and '88 as the occasional throwback.

QUOTE (InTheDriversSeat @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 05:16 PM)
There are many periods of White Sox history when the White Sox home uniforms did not have pinstripes.

Point taken, but still doesn't change the fact that the Sox have a long history of wearing pinstripes and it is far and away their best look

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 09:21 PM)
They should totally bring back the vest. I think the Rockies are the only team that still wears them.

It says a lot that the Rockies and the White Sox have the same look and the Rockies haven't really changed their home whites since their creation.

Such an awesome look.

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 02:03 PM)
I'm really disappointed that they haven't announced any throwbacks or anything to tie into the 100th anniversary of the 1917 World Series. Those would look better than just about any of the ones discussed above. Great logo.

July 29th they are giving away replica 1917 jerseys, so it's a safe bet they'll be throwing back to 1917 for that game.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 11:13 AM)
Right. And the foundation of the slant Sox old english logo is just so strong. The idea of even rebranding to a batterman-type logo (looking like spring training) might be the worst suggestion.

If anything, I would update the uniform and keep the logo. And even then, I wouldn't do it. The White Sox have had pinstripes as long as the Yankees have.

I liked the taking of the batterman. I hated the block SOX on it. I loved what they did with bringing the batterman into the black and white without the block SOX.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 09:24 AM)
I think the peak Sox uniforms were the '05 era.

- White, Gray, Black and Vests

- Sock logo on the sleeve, not the main Sox logo

Bring back the sock logo, make an updated '59 the Sunday jersey. Use '76 (Sale is gone), '83, and '88 as the occasional throwback.

Agreed.