White Sox and Yankees Game Thread for 19 April at 5:05 pm MDT

elrockinMT

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 07:08 PM)
Jose having a nice game, offensively and defensively. Seeing the ball well on both sides of the field.

Abreu has been making contact when he gets his pitch, he's just been having some bad luck. He's one of the leaders in strike zone contact so far.

He's been looking frustrated at the plate but I expect to see him normalize real soon, especially as the weather heats up

Lol, you hear Hawks deep sigh as he breathed heavily into the Mic? Lol. Although, that strike didn't make sense as it was in the same location as the previous pitch, but more off the plate. Ya know, the more I watch games, the more the idea of "robot ump" or "laser strike zones" intrigue me.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 06:52 PM)
Based on what? Aaron Judge's HR tonight? Their lineup is full of veterans.

Sanchez. The kid who pitched last night. Their minor league system. Etc.

Actually, it's crazy how young Castro is, he came up so long ago, seems like he should be in his early to mid 30's.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 08:07 PM)
Sanchez. The kid who pitched last night. Their minor league system. Etc.

Actually, it's crazy how young Castro is, he came up so long ago, seems like he should be in his early to mid 30's.

Obviously there is a lot to like in their system, but it's way to jump to any conclusions on the progress of their rebuild. They need young guys to establish themselves at the major league level and have extended periods of success. Sanchez had an insane start to his major league career, but let's see him sustain even 70% of that production. Judge is hitting HRs on 44% of his flyballs, that's not going to last. Servino has been impressive this year, but it's only been over three starts. At some point the league will adjust to these guys and these players will need to adjust accordingly. That's easier said than done and why we see young players regularly flame out after initial bouts of success. The Yankees have a long way to go before I can say they are well on their way to a successful rebuild. Right now, they are far from becoming the next Cubs or Astros.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 19, 2017 -> 08:18 PM)
Obviously there is a lot to like in their system, but it's way to jump to any conclusions on the progress of their rebuild. They need young guys to establish themselves at the major league level and have extended periods of success. Sanchez had an insane start to his major league career, but let's see him sustain even 70% of that production. Judge is hitting HRs on 44% of his flyballs, that's not going to last. Servino has been impressive this year, but it's only been over three starts. At some point the league will adjust to these guys and these players will need to adjust accordingly. That's easier said than done and why we see young players regularly flame out after initial bouts of success. The Yankees have a long way to go before I can say they are well on their way to a successful rebuild. Right now, they are far from becoming the next Cubs or Astros.

All I said was their rebuild seemed to be humming along nicely. No conclusions drawn yet, and certainly they are not at the Cubs or Astros level just yet, but seemingly trending in that direction.

Edited by Thad Bosley

Covey back to OAK.

May to AAA.

Asche DFA.

Bring up Garcia and Delmonico or Hayes. Hell give me Raburn or Bourgeois if they prefer.

Problem is no one really to replace Covey. Giolito, Lopez and Fulmer need to stay in AAA for now. Pelfrey I guess? Danish?