April 30th Game Thread: White Sox at Detroit Tigers

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (harkness @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 03:02 PM)
Anderson has looked horrible since his home run.

He just has to stop swinging at garbage sliders down and away.

Reminds me of Abreu last year...you just know he is gonna swing at that slider outside, even if it starts outside of thr zone. That shows me that Anderson is over thinking up there. See ball hit ball.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 03:26 PM)
Not able to watch the game, but Avi exited early and is listed as day-to-day. Nothing bad I'm assuming?

Detroit announcers said it was groin...sounds like it was connected to that fly ball he caught the other day that he came up awkwardly on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 02:27 PM)
Wish we were seeing more development so far from him this year

Struggling can be part of development. He needs to adjust, and I'm sure he's intelligent enough to realize this and obviously talented enough to execute. Obviously no guarantees, but I'm not ready to worry too much. He's also seemingly started slow every year while going through the minor leagues.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 02:33 PM)
Struggling can be part of development. He needs to adjust, and I'm sure he's intelligent enough to realize this and obviously talented enough to execute. Obviously no guarantees, but I'm not ready to worry too much. He's also seemingly started slow every year while going through the minor leagues.

Well said.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 01:33 PM)

I just wish the Sox were better at coaching/developing position players throughout the organization.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Apr 30, 2017 -> 12:08 PM)
Reminds me of Abreu last year...you just know he is gonna swing at that slider outside, even if it starts outside of thr zone. That shows me that Anderson is over thinking up there. See ball hit ball.

See ball hit ball is an oversimplification at any level and especially so at the pro level. The game between hitter and pitcher is a chess match.The stuff that pitchers possess is impossible to process just by reaction time alone. Even knowing their arsenal is not enough for even the best hitters with the quickest reactions to succeed barely more than 3 of 10 times, Every pitch has a purpose to the ones following it, If a hitter cannot think like a pitcher his chance of success is dismally low.

You may be over matched by your eye hand coordination alone or your lack of less than perfect vision . Only with sound mind and body do the best become the best and even they have their struggles and failures . Baseball is not only for those physically gifted but the willingness to endure those struggles and failures . Baseball is a thinking and patient man's game .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside