5/3 Games

flavum

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On Schnurbusch, they made that leap with him because he was already a strong outfielder, and Fisher needed time to adjust to a new position. Also Schnurbusch seemed ready.

Keep this in mind. Not including the current game (because I am using BR), he has a .750 OPS in last 10 games in April. He's improving. And remember too that for any player making the double jump, you need to let them be there a good 6 weeks or 2 months to really see how they handle it. Look at Hayes going from A- to AA - he was awful until mid-May, then actually did well the rest of the year and took off the year after. Give it time.

Also, Fisher is by no means lighting the world on fire a level down. He's got a .690 OPS overall, drawing walks well but hitting .253 and striking out a fair amount himself. And his last 10 games? .179/.273/.256. No need to flip those guys, at least not yet. Get back to it around Memorial Day.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 3, 2017 -> 11:39 AM)
I'm sorry if I missed this somewhere, but does anyone know why the Brewers released Delmonico in Feb of 2015?

He was only 22 and he's clearly got talent.

So, what happened was, Delmonico disappeared that offseason. Milwaukee released him because they could not reach him. He later told FutureSox in an interview that he didn't want to return calls, and wanted to be released, which happened. Then he signed with Sox. You can read about it in our interview with him here - one of the more interesting interviews we've published.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)
And to be brutally honest, I don't think the White Sox are too worried about Schnurbusch versus Fisher. They want to make sure Fisher is in the right place, and if it means pushing an org guy further than he should be, so be it.

That's another thing. They also sent, for example, Aron McRee from Great Falls to Winston-Salem. McRee isn't much of a prospect if he is at all, but they didn't want to rush up Dunning or other key hurlers in Kannapolis. They needed an arm there, so they probably looked at the non-prime arms who would normally have been in Kanny, and picked the one who seemed most mature to handle the jump.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 3, 2017 -> 04:12 PM)
So, what happened was, Delmonico disappeared that offseason. Milwaukee released him because they could not reach him. He later told FutureSox in an interview that he didn't want to return calls, and wanted to be released, which happened. Then he signed with Sox. You can read about it in our interview with him here - one of the more interesting interviews we've published.

Yeah link I provided earlier said he told Milwaukee he wanted to be released and then changed his phone number. Then Sox signed him like 7 months later. Dude definitely had something going on in his head and I'm glad he's straightened up whatever was going on.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 3, 2017 -> 04:24 PM)
Yeah link I provided earlier said he told Milwaukee he wanted to be released and then changed his phone number. Then Sox signed him like 7 months later. Dude definitely had something going on in his head and I'm glad he's straightened up whatever was going on.

He may have asked, but the team spent those months trying to track him down anyway before releasing him. Definitely an odd story. He had a PED suspension too - he had some issues.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 3, 2017 -> 10:26 PM)
He may have asked, but the team spent those months trying to track him down anyway before releasing him. Definitely an odd story. He had a PED suspension too - he had some issues.

Was Delmonico's Dad Rod Delmonico, the former baseball coach at Tennessee?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 3, 2017 -> 07:49 PM)
So Micker has been hitting the crap out of the ball lately. Be a pleasant surprise if he keeps hitting, he is only 20...

Was about to post this. All I care about with him the strikeouts. Get that under control and I'll consider a huge win.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 3, 2017 -> 08:11 PM)
Was about to post this. All I care about with him the strikeouts. Get that under control and I'll consider a huge win.

He still needs to cut down on the K's, but even that is improving. He's averaged under 3 PAs/k, so far this season he's at 3.5 PA/k. Small sample size and all, but at least that's trending in the right direction.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2017 -> 10:38 AM)
The Nats also seemed really anxious to put Giolitto into a deal and trade him over the winter too, so who knows what they know that we don't.

I think the reason the media thought the Sox got the best of that deal was because the media was behind about Giolito . The Nats and the Sox were both fully aware of his struggles. Since the Sox clearly trust their pitching coaches to fix problems they couldn't pass up 3 highly thought of pitchers even if the ranking of Giolito versus the reality of him misled many at 1st.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 4, 2017 -> 07:52 AM)
I think the reason the media thought the Sox got the best of that deal was because the media was behind about Giolito . The Nats and the Sox were both fully aware of his struggles. Since the Sox clearly trust their pitching coaches to fix problems they couldn't pass up 3 highly thought of pitchers even if the ranking of Giolito versus the reality of him misled many at 1st.

I agree. Anytime you can get 3 quality pitching prospects for a position player, who isn't MVP caliber such as Trout or Harper, it's going to get press.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 4, 2017 -> 07:52 AM)

I think it's because for some reason, Adam Eaton is criminally underrated. Something like that was always the price for Eaton and some even thought it wasn't enough.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 4, 2017 -> 08:03 AM)
I think it's because for some reason, Adam Eaton is criminally underrated. Something like that was always the price for Eaton and some even thought it wasn't enough.

I think it's the combination of both. Eaton isn't a name and Gio was a huge name in the prospect world. When you add in the fact we got one other pretty well known guy along with a 2016 1st round pick it just looks bad from the Nats side if you don't actually dig into it more or know Adam like Sox fans do.

Edited by Rowand44