**ComeyMania! Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 11:49 AM)
Regardless of how one might view his judgment handling Clinton email stuff last year, Comey seems like a good dude who goes by the book to the best of his ability.

If you manage to extremely piss off both political parties, then you are probably doing something right.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 08:49 AM)
Trump wasnt under investigation at the time of the questions.

This also doesn't mean that the FBI had concluded that Trump was not involved or that Trump had no knowledge of Russian interference with the election. It was/is an ongoing investigation, and until Trump is a suspect, it is fair to say he is not under investigation. That goes for anyone (satellites) associated with the investigation.

Andrew Kirell‏Verified account

@AndrewKirell

You had one job. And all morning to write this.

DB0VR_ZXYAMmbM1.jpg

MR. PREDISENT

Their argument seems to be to vaguely accuse Comey of doing something illegal and that he had no right to disclose personal conversations with the Predisent. There's also the implication that they're accusing Comey of committing perjury. Good luck with that one.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 04:51 PM)
If you manage to extremely piss off both political parties, then you are probably doing something right.

That's a great post, great great take.

All I'm hearing first was what a terrible person Comey is for ruining the election for Hillary. Bad bad Comey.

Now all I'm hearing is how great Comey is for having the power to take down evil Trump. Good good Comey.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 01:45 PM)

All I'm hearing first was what a terrible person Comey is for ruining the election for Hillary. Bad bad Comey.

Now all I'm hearing is how great Comey is for having the power to take down evil Trump. Good good Comey.

Right, cuz it's not unconstitutional to interfere in the election days before voting or anything. No matter what side.

Interfere is bad word but can't think of another one for Comey bringing up Weiner emails.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)

John McCain checks in....

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 04:05 PM)
It's too bad that Americans were the hiring manager for said job and there is a 4 years contract that's very difficult to break :(

Great post. It's tough to get fired, but there's no way he lasts more than a year. Just the act of firing Comey that quickly proves how reckless he is, OK how stupid he is? Firing the FBI director when you yourself are getting questioned about a lot of s*** and think the media isn't going to attack that is pretty dumb. Media in effect saying, "Thank you Mr. Trump for giving us something to work on until you get impeached. You are too easy Mr. Trump."

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 06:49 PM)
John McCain checks in....

I'm sure many of you (not saying you unless you confirm it) can't see the hypocrisy in the Comey situation. Before election: Comey EVIL for what he did to Hillary; after election "that Comey seems like a great guy."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)
I'm sure many of you (not saying you unless you confirm it) can't see the hypocrisy in the Comey situation. Before election: Comey EVIL for what he did to Hillary; after election "that Comey seems like a great guy."

It also works the other way around. He was great, had a lot of guts, now a lying sack of s***. Trump of all people called him a showboat.

One thing to keep in mind, Trump thought he could trick the Dems when he fired this guy by saying he wasn't fair to Hillary as the initial excuse. The excuse changed several times, until Trump admitted on national television he fired him because of the Russia investigation. This won't be Trump's downfall. Impeachment is political and republicans won't launch him, but its going to tie up a lot of things for a long time.

Trump loves to point out ratings. I wonder why he never mentions his. Sad.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 01:53 PM)

Maybe we all arent privy to the information he has, so our conclusions on what he has done and why he has done it are incomplete. He was pretty clear that Lynch meeting Clinton on the plane forced him into making his statement about the emails prior to the election

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)
It also works the other way around. He was great, had a lot of guts, now a lying sack of s***. Trump of all people called him a showboat.

One thing to keep in mind, Trump thought he could trick the Dems when he fired this guy by saying he wasn't fair to Hillary as the initial excuse.

Excellent post. I definitely agree with first paragraph. I definitely agree with second paragraph. Like I said, he set it up on a tee for the media (in a good way; good for the media pursuiing this hard) when he fired Comey at the same time Trump was getting implicated in Russia shenanigans.

Maybe it's also overly simple to think criticism of a person's acts means you completely invalidate their entire character?

Lindsey Graham is often hardheaded and wrong when it comes to foreign policy, he also is a serious person who I think is capable of doing good things occasionally. If I praise him for doing something I find admirable, it doesn't negate my previous criticisms.

It's almost like the world is complicated.

Comey's history with Ashcroft's bedside proved to me he's not a partisan hack, but it doesn't mean he's not political. His adherence to a vague duty to report is questionable over whether it overrides longstanding policy to not report on ongoing investigations. He made a political decision that the FBI could be looked at as tainted if he did not report the duplicate Weiner emails prior to the election, even if it was the correct protocol to not report it.

Yet he was also a very capable person of running a high level investigation.

Two things can be true. Crazy.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 02:05 PM)
There's also a difference in that the Clinton case is about what Comey chose to do and when, and this is about what Trump did and said more than about Comey himself.

Let's not confuse Greg, he's rolling

The statement by Trump's lawyer in response to Comey's testimony is... amazing. It's got misspellings, inconsistent and weird spacing, and grammatical errors. It looks like it was written by a college freshman with dreams of going to law school.

It's like that thing with his "doctor" during the campaign again.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2017 -> 11:53 AM)

Or, possibly Comey learned from the HC situation that it's in everyone's best interests that he doesn't comment publicly about an ongoing investigation. He was doing his job to reopen the investigation, but announcing it may have overstepped his duties, and, in fact, his actions re: HC might have impacted the election, whether they were politically motivated or not.

That experience may have informed Comey's response and actions when Trump asked Comey to announce that Trump was not being investigated. Comey explained that it is not a good idea - basically because the investigation was still ongoing.

It can be both things, Greg.

Remember, leaks were good when they were about HC (Trump). Bad when about Trump (Trump). Do you see the hypocrisy?