Quintana

ScootsMcGoots

QUOTE (pablo @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 04:50 PM)
This is both exciting and sad at the same time. I didn't really care when they traded Sale. I was one who got a little tired of his act, but Quintana has really been a joy to watch these last few years.

Now, enough of the sentimental thinking...would love a depth package from the Braves. There's just so much to choose from in the 10-25 range to round out a decent haul.

I totally agree with the whole post, though the stress of knowing we needed Q explicitly as an asset made it harder to enjoy this year.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 04:42 PM)
Tin foil hat time, but maybe Hahn is trying to use the unwritten rule of not overshadowing the all star game to leverage teams by saying we are looking to get this done soon and then putting out all these rumors and telling teams that one team popped and is offering what were asking and that we are going to take it, but are waiting until tomorrow, which gives the other teams time to up their offers.

I think it has to do with a lot of the GM's being located in Miami this week, there is a lot of ability to have a lot of conversations with other GM's similar to the setting at the Winter Meetings. This will allow for a deal to get done much quicker as they can actually have some face to face meetings to hash out details.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)
Really prefer Albies isn't main piece. Seeing a few scouting reports lately that he's a bad hitter from the left side.

100% agree. Maitan or Acuna would be my preference. Then maybe Allard or Newcomb. Hopefully RH can swing Alex Jackson too.

QUOTE (oneofthemikes @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:08 PM)
100% agree. Maitan or Acuna would be my preference. Then maybe Allard or Newcomb. Hopefully RH can swing Alex Jackson too.

If you are able to get a Maitan or Acuna headlining package, I wouldn't mind the next piece being something like Gohara/Wentz. It sounds crazy to say that Acuna or Maitana > Albies (#7 overall prospect) but those two have so much upside. Either could be the #1 prospect in baseball at some point.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 03:16 PM)
Never going to stop going to bat for Albies

Moncada

Albies

Anderson

Burger

Abreu

Sheets

Collins

There's a lot of hope to find in there for a good up the middle defense and some dynamic bats / speed to build your future infield plus a DH.

Maitan is so far away and our org struggles with developing hitters. I think you have to consider him a distant third out of the three guys. Acuna would clearly be the prize, but I can't imagine the Braves giving him up. I like Albies but I'm not sure I'm enamoried with the idea of him as the headliner.

The one nice thing about the Braves is they have a ton of secondary pieces. If I were Hahn, I'd try to get an offer like Albies, Anderson, Fried, & Riley from Atlanta and shop that to teams with a true blue chipper and say top this or Quintana is going to be a Brave. Again, while I'd ultimately prefer a better headliner, that trade has a ton of talent and is one I could ultimately live with. But I really think someone would come to the table and top it.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:16 PM)
"For all the freaking out in March, April and May of a missed opportunity - there is no shortage of suitors talking Quintana with #WhiteSox." - raBBit

I hope I look like a complete asshole when it's all said and done. Getting this trade right is absolutely critical for the rebuild and hopefully Hahn was right for waiting.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:48 PM)
I'm pretty sure its Acuña. Thats what they had on his jersey for the futures game and one of the announcers pointed out its pronounced a-coon-ya because of the enye.

Thanks.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 03:53 PM)
I didn't know Collins did either :o

But seriously, I thought you were listing all the high end positional talent in the system.

Is a catcher no longer considered a member of the infield? Perhaps it never was and I'm just further solidifying my title of village idiot.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 05:55 PM)
Is a catcher no longer considered a member of the infield? Perhaps it never was and I'm just further solidifying my title of village idiot.

I've never considered the catcher an infielder, just as I've never considered a pitcher an infielder. You have the battery, infield, and outfield.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 11, 2017 -> 03:59 PM)
I've never considered the catcher an infielder, just as I've never considered a pitcher an infielder. You have the battery, infield, and outfield.

So for future roster considerations I guess I'll break down positional speculation in those three categories...

Infielders

Outfielders

Batteries

Yup... sounds right to me.

Thanks guys

:notworthy