New York @ Chicago

Heads22

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:32 PM)
Judge and Sanchez are gonna anchor this Yankees lineup for a long long time. How do we get some young mashers like them?

Burger, Beer, Moncada, Collins, Robert, Adolfo, Anderson, Clint Frazier, couple other millennials...

Edited by flavum

Sox bullpen sometimes starts the year OK but boy it always turns to s*** before the all-star break and remains crap the rest of the season. Cept for the closer, of course. Closers have been good for the most part in the post-WS title era. It's still the curse of Joe Morgan.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:32 PM)
Judge and Sanchez are gonna anchor this Yankees lineup for a long long time. How do we get some young mashers like them?

I guess the lazy answer is that the Yankees draft and scout well and the Sox don't, but of course there's more to it than that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:31 PM)
Kahnle velocity down tonight. Nice job of hurting his trade value, crap

what a bum...release him... his ERA went up half a run...peripherals still look great, scouts aren't going to look at one bad outing and cap his value.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 01:01 AM)
Every time I think he's about to completely tank he goes on about a week long crazy hot streak. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about selling high on him if you can, I'm just intrigued to see how he reacts to this super cold streak.

He was so hot before the A's series. Now he's something like 1 for 18 or so. Poor Avi. Back to lousiness. Maybe he let the two-error inning turn him back into the old Avi.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 03:38 AM)
what a bum...release him... his ERA went up half a run...peripherals still look great, scouts aren't going to look at one bad outing and cap his value.

No but that's now two bad outings in a row for a guy with no track record. Still wish they could trade DRob soon and see what Kahnle can do as closer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 03:40 AM)
He was so hot before the A's series. Now he's something like 1 for 18 or so. Poor Avi. Back to lousiness. Maybe he let the two-error inning turn him back into the old Avi.

Once that idiot Ozzie took credit for his improvement, his season has gone to hell. :)

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 02:38 AM)

I don't know why you guys think he'll bring anything of note back. To me he's just another guy in league full of blah relievers. He's OK, nothing against him. But to trade for him? Why? He's just another guy, folks.

The weird thing is not getting anything yet for Robertson. A lot of teams need closers or eighth inning guys. There must be something about David that scares the advance scouts, thinking he's about to turn to s*** maybe.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 09:42 PM)
No but that's now two bad outings in a row for a guy with no track record. Still wish they could trade DRob soon and see what Kahnle can do as closer.

Didn't the defense let him down in his last outing? I'm not too concerned.