7/01 GT: Tex vs CWS, 1:10 pm

I had really hoped that Holland could show enough to be traded for a decent future prospect at the deadline but alas he's pretty bad.

Just can't see anyone desperate enough to give anything decent in return for him.

Regarding Anderson...19 errors now (look out Alan bannister who at least could hit) and hitting .240's.

It may not be a bad idea to send him down for a few weeks to take the load off his mind and let him work on the basics. The contract he signed seems to have really put pressure of him. Sox maybe should have waited a year or two.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 1, 2017 -> 05:33 PM)
I had really hoped that Holland could show enough to be traded for a decent future prospect at the deadline but alas he's pretty bad.

Just can't see anyone desperate enough to give anything decent in return for him.

Regarding Anderson...19 errors now (look out Alan bannister who at least could hit) and hitting .240's.

It may not be a bad idea to send him down for a few weeks to take the load off his mind and let him work on the basics. The contract he signed seems to have really put pressure of him. Sox maybe should have waited a year or two.

Swanson has 16.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 12:33 AM)

Holland and Pelphrey and Miguel are worthless on the trade market, Lip. You shoulda known that before. They are just bodies that should be in the independent league. They are as tradeable as Humber was.

Melky is a lovable clown. Nobody would give up a set of resin bags for him. Ditto Frazier. We get something for Q and Robertson. That's it, folks.

Sox have such a bad baseball team. It's hard to be this bad record wise in the day of parity.

Anderson needs to be sent down the rest of the year. He can't hit and he can't field. And get him off ss. Put him in LF if you are unwilling to take my advice and make him a catcher.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 02:10 AM)
Holland and Pelphrey and Miguel are worthless on the trade market, Lip. You shoulda known that before. They are just bodies that should be in the independent league. They are as tradeable as Humber was.

Melky is a lovable clown. Nobody would give up a set of resin bags for him. Ditto Frazier. We get something for Q and Robertson. That's it, folks.

Sox have such a bad baseball team. It's hard to be this bad record wise in the day of parity.

Anderson needs to be sent down the rest of the year. He can't hit and he can't field. And get him off ss. Put him in LF if you are unwilling to take my advice and make him a catcher.

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 12:10 AM)

Todd Frazier is basically average, 17th out of the 30 who have 300+ at bats. 1.1 war.

Unless the Pirates trade Harrison, the Reds deal Suarez or the Royals trade Moustakas (unlikely now), he's the best on the market and he doesn't have a big contract.

Manny Machado is 16th. Bergman 23rd, Davidson 25th.

You're closer to right about Melky (33/34, Alex Gordon is 34th), that will be a pure salary dump...as with Holland and Shields if they can find takers.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 1, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)
Ynoa is consistent. Rick Hahn's boy. The guy he insisted that Oakland give us along with Shark.

Ynoa has had flashes but probably not a keeper. Beck holmberg and Minaya are work horses, over-used it seems to me in order to protect and keep fresh Kahnle, Swarzak and Robertson (and for good reason).Some of the former trio could be back of the pen keepers.

The general inability of any starter besides Q to get 6 innings has resulted in throwing some of these guys to the wolves.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 07:59 AM)
Ynoa has had flashes but probably not a keeper. Beck holmberg and Minaya are work horses, over-used it seems to me in order to protect and keep fresh Kahnle, Swarzak and Robertson (and for good reason).Some of the former trio could be back of the pen keepers.

The general inability of any starter besides Q to get 6 innings has resulted in throwing some of these guys to the wolves.

it doesn't help when three guys (Jones, Petricka, Putnam) who were supposed to be the back end of the pen cannot stay healthy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 08:28 AM)
it doesn't help when three guys (Jones, Petricka, Putnam) who were supposed to be the back end of the pen cannot stay healthy

That too (what I was calling back of the pen were the middle inning guys - Jones and Putnam at his best would have given the Sox quite the force in late innings with Kahnle, Robertson and Swarzak).

But at this point, it should be about keeping Kahnle together and prepping Robertson and hopefully Swarzak for trade.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 1, 2017 -> 03:29 PM)
Can we pin this post? So sick of the non-stop Anderson b****ing. Give the kid some time for f***'s sake.

Again, if people are this stressed about Anderson, wait until Moncada is his turnkey partner.