Tommy Kahnle

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 12:14 PM)
Nightengale predicted Kahnle/Frazier for Groome/Chavis

I think it was actually based on a survey that Nightengale sent out to MLB execs. Though the deal itself might have been Nightengale's prediction.

Kahnle is tough to part with but that's a really tempting package. Especially with Chavis's surge this year.

I think that's absolutely fair value - dude has 3.5 years of control left and his peripherals are borderline insane. But whether teams are willing to pay anything near that after a 1/2 season remains to be seen.

Edited by Username

QUOTE (Username @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 10:34 AM)
I think that's absolutely fair value - dude has 3.5 years of control left and his peripherals are borderline insane. But whether teams are willing to pay anything near that after a 1/2 season remains to be seen.

Yeah, I agree with what DA posted earlier. He needs to have a longer history producing at that level before he warrants a return like that.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 12:18 PM)

I would absolutely make that deal. I am alittle confused about his wording regarding the Robertson trade. Is he speculating Andujar coming to the Sox for Robertson?

If so, he's basically saying we could land Groom, Chavis, and Andujar for Frazier, Kahnle, and Robertson. That seems like a really nice return for the Sox.

QUOTE (KrankinSox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 12:37 PM)
I would absolutely make that deal. I am alittle confused about his wording regarding the Robertson trade. Is he speculating Andujar coming to the Sox for Robertson?

If so, he's basically saying we could land Groom, Chavis, and Andujar for Frazier, Kahnle, and Robertson. That seems like a really nice return for the Sox.

Yeah I would be very very happy if we ended up with those three.

Still think it was just a prediction. If that deal from the Red Sox was actually proposed by Boston, we wouldn't be reading about it in the rumor section of this site. It would be a done deal! I think a nice takeaway is that they are possibly talking about adding one of our RPs to the deal so we get a better return. Although Ockimey was a solid piece to the rumored Frazier-only deal.

QUOTE (pablo @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
Rather than research for myself - did Chavis make any offseason prospect rankings? Midseason prospect rankings?

Chavis is in the top 100 in baseball America mid season

QUOTE (FT35 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 12:49 PM)
Still think it was just a prediction. If that deal from the Red Sox was actually proposed by Boston, we wouldn't be reading about it in the rumor section of this site. It would be a done deal! I think a nice takeaway is that they are possibly talking about adding one of our RPs to the deal so we get a better return. Although Ockimey was a solid piece to the rumored Frazier-only deal.

The makeup concerns surrounding Groome only get more pronounced since his dad was arrested recently on serious charges. I'm not sure about him anymore.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 12:57 PM)
The makeup concerns surrounding Groome only get more pronounced since his dad was arrested recently on serious charges. I'm not sure about him anymore.

I hear ya...sometimes that stuff manifests itself and causes more harm than good. Maybe it's not Groome--but it would be interesting if we added a bullpen piece to see what the return would bump to. Honestly I'd rather our "added value" propositions be focused on a deal with the Yankees. I like their prospects so much better.

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 03:22 PM)
Think Nightengale was pure speculation or fed some KW info?

I think it was definitely more speculation, almost came off very Phil Rogers-ish. I think some of his other tweets were KW leaks though. The "should only cost a fringe prospect" tweet screamed out to me as a leak by the Sox to try to get more bidders into the mix even if 3B isn't a huge need. Right now it feels like Boston is the only real suitor, unless want to try him as a 1B (and there are plenty of those guys out there).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 01:27 PM)
I think it was definitely more speculation, almost came off very Phil Rogers-ish. I think some of his other tweets were KW leaks though. The "should only cost a fringe prospect" tweet screamed out to me as a leak by the Sox to try to get more bidders into the mix even if 3B isn't a huge need. Right now it feels like Boston is the only real suitor, unless want to try him as a 1B (and there are plenty of those guys out there).

Yanks as well possibly.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 03:27 PM)

Speaking of Phil Rogers, I watched a panel the other day after the Q trade and the question was who was the next to go from the White Sox, everyone was saying either Robertson or Frazier, but Phil said Avi. I don't know if that means Avi will retire a White Sox or Phil knows something.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
Speaking of Phil Rogers, I watched a panel the other day after the Q trade and the question was who was the next to go from the White Sox, everyone was saying either Robertson or Frazier, but Phil said Avi. I don't know if that means Avi will retire a White Sox or Phil knows something.

I would be open to trading Avi if the price were right for sure.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)
Yanks as well possibly.

See, that's what I mean. 3B is a smaller need for the Yankees than SP, RP, & 1B, but if the price is relatively light then getting a guy like Frazier may make a ton sense. He could fill in at both 3B & 1B and prevents the Red Sox from getting a sizable upgrade on the cheap. Makes complete sense for our front office to leak that price for Frazier won't be cost prohibitive.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 17, 2017 -> 03:28 PM)

I always enjoyed Phil's Sunday Tribune columns as a child, but as I aged I slowly realized everything he wrote was speculation and oftentimes uninformed. But hey, you never know. Would be hilarious to see Avi moved first.