07/25 GT: Sox @ Cubs game 2, 1:20 PM

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:54 PM)
And everybody gonna get thrown out now.

This is the oddest I have felt about a start in a while.

The one thing that is going to be spotty with pitchers in his situation is command. Be happy. 11 k's in 4 innings is pretty rare.

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 02:52 PM)
With his arm injury, and the down time, he sort of lost the change up. He is working on it pretty hard during side sessions. He had it working vs. Oakland, and knows he needs it.

But that's still my point - when he came up, he could dominate some people with the slider, but his fastball command was iffy and he could only be really good if he had a 3rd working pitch that he was working on.

That same description still applies word for word today. He had one stint in his career where the changeup worked well, but if he can't be consistent and have it every day how does he win games? Most pitchers won't have every pitch working every game, so if Rodon doesn't have the change for a day, does he just give up 5 runs that day?

QUOTE (Scoots @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 08:06 PM)
I never did like Lackey. Hawk wants him drilled...while I'm usually not for retaliation in the sense of hitting the other team with the baseball, this situation might call for it. Although I would rather Davidson just tie it with a bomb.

Remember the Hawk is old school

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 25, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
Pretty crazy line for Rodon. The 4 IP, 4 ER, 7 H, 3 BB looks like s*** but because of the 11 K's he had a 3.14 FIP and 1.23 xFIP for the game which are phenomenal numbers.

Seems like a flaw with peripherals. Rodon was lousy today, Ks aside.