8-16 Games

joejoedairy

Great night for the minor league teams and specifically our future. Hansen pitches a gem, Giolito with a great outing, Jimenez so far a double and a homer and Collins with a bomb and it's still only the 4th inning in that game. Only one game, but Very exciting to see. Will be interesting to see how Jimenez and Collins react and adjust as each league adjusts to them. That will be the real thing to watch next year. Player development so far has been coming along smoothly. Sox are bringing these players along at the right pace, keep it up!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 08:05 PM)
When Jimenez and Gio leave MILB, we have to start saying Hansen is a top 5 prospect in the organization,right?

Jimenez ain't leaving for a while, but IMO the top 5 once Moncada, Lopez, & Giolito lose eligibility should be:

1) Jimenez

2) Kopech

3) Robert

4) Hansen

5) Rutherford

So yes to answer your question :). And I expect all those guys to be top 60 prospects by this offseason.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 08:33 PM)
Luis Martinez continues to be an enigma for me. Kid is a serious sleeper as a prospect, by my god... so inconsistent.

He's still got a chance, although in a year or two I'm sure they'll move him to the pen. What's crazy is despite his stuff he's not a top 30 prospect in our system.

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)
I honestly didn't really factor in his MLB performance thus far. I just don't know if Moncada has ever had a run like this at any stage of the minors. Eloy has just been incredible.

Didn't mean you specifically. Have just seen a lot of negativity over his slow start, which I don't think is wrong. Don't get me wrong, I think he has a higher floor and requires less projection than Yoan. But damn if Moncada puts all his tools together along with that batting eye and you have a top two or three player in the game. Jimenez's defensive limitations (not that he's a bad defender) cap his value to some extent. But whatever, the fact we have both of them is all that really matters!

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 02:43 AM)
Jimenez ain't leaving for a while, but IMO the top 5 once Moncada, Lopez, & Giolito lose eligibility should be:

1) Jimenez

2) Kopech

3) Robert

4) Hansen

5) Rutherford

So yes to answer your question :). And I expect all those guys to be top 60 prospects by this offseason.

I would flip Collins with Rutherford

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 17, 2017 -> 03:26 AM)
I thought you were down on Collins. Is that not the case? Or is that more of a reflection of your view of Rutherford?

More I don't think Blake is anything special. As for Collins, I'm higher on him now that he has said some of his slump was due to trying to make changes to the hitch during the season

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 09:35 PM)
More I don't think Blake is anything special. As for Collins, I'm higher on him now that he has said some of his slump was due to trying to make changes to the hitch during the season

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/pro...P=Tyler-Flowers

this guy says forever have patience with a catcher

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 16, 2017 -> 09:35 PM)

That's good to know. I'm pretty certain that he'll work on swing during the offseason and hopefully make enough changes to get that K rate down to a respectable level. If he can stick at catcher defensively, it won't take much of an improvement in his K rate to become a viable everyday guy given his batting eye & power.

Edited by Chicago White Sox