8/22- Twins @ White Sox

Jose Abreu

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Engel really isn't a MLB player unless he makes drastic, and I mean really drastic, strides at the plate. I don't get why people are penciling him into the starting outfield next year over guys like Leury, Willy (who have actually shown flashes of being good MLB hitters), Cordell, etc. His defense is great but that means nothing if your OPS is in the .500s

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 12:47 AM)
Engel really isn't a MLB player unless he makes drastic, and I mean really drastic, strides at the plate. I don't get why people are penciling into the starting outfield next year over guys like Leury, Willy (who have actually shown flashes of being good MLB hitters), Cordell, etc. His defense is great but that means nothing if your OPS is in the .500s

Well said

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 07:47 PM)
Engel really isn't a MLB player unless he makes drastic, and I mean really drastic, strides at the plate. I don't get why people are penciling into the starting outfield next year over guys like Leury, Willy (who have actually shown flashes of being good MLB hitters), Cordell, etc. His defense is great but that means nothing if your OPS is in the .500s

bingo.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 07:45 PM)
Kinda wish Leury was getting reps in CF and Delmonico in LF

Makes so much more sense. I get the allure of Engel, but I just don't see him ever putting it together offensively. Delmonico and Leury both have a chance to be part of the next good Sox team in some capacity.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 07:47 PM)

Yup, agree completely.