8/22- Twins @ White Sox

Jose Abreu

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 01:51 AM)
When you can sit on it, the 2nd and 3rd time through the lineup, ML lineups are going to tee off.

To me, always felt he needs to pitch backwards. Slow stuff to get ahead and then high fastballs up in the count

All things considered, I consider Giolito's outing promising for his first MLB start of the year. Command of the fastball, Excellent change. Needs to work on throwing strikes with the curve but Coop will help with that. Homers suck, but when the wind is blowing out at Sox Park there is nothing you can do really about HRs. Some that would be flyball outs in other parks are HRs here. He pitched much better than his line will show.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 02:54 AM)
All things considered, I consider Giolito's outing promising for his first MLB start of the year. Command of the fastball, Excellent change. Needs to work on throwing strikes with the curve but Coop will help with that. Homers suck, but when the wind is blowing out at Sox Park there is nothing you can do really about HRs. Some that would be flyball outs in other parks are HRs here. He pitched much better than his line will show.

Fastball effectiveness was way better than I expected early on. His best pitch has to be his curve, so let's hope we see huge

Improvements with it going forward