8/22- Twins @ White Sox

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 12:49 AM)
Makes so much more sense. I get the allure of Engel, but I just don't see him ever putting it together offensively. Delmonico and Leury both have a chance to be part of the next good Sox team in some capacity.

Pretty negative opinion of a guy who has less then half a year in the big leagues

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

watched one of giolitos AAA outings 2-3 weeks ago and he was getting guys out almost exclusively with offspeed stuff. Tonight using his fastball. If he can consistently throw strikes with his fastball like this, his curve and change are good enough for him to easily be a #3

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 12:56 AM)
watched one of giolitos AAA outings 2-3 weeks ago and he was getting guys out almost exclusively with offspeed stuff. Tonight using his fastball. If he can consistently throw strikes with his fastball like this, his curve and change are good enough for him to easily be a #3

Yep it's very promising he's getting swings and misses on his fastball

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 07:53 PM)
Pretty negative opinion of a guy who has less then half a year in the big leagues

Have you followed Engel throughout the minors? He has a very limited track record of success with the bat and is known for constantly tweaking things. I don't see him suddenly making the necessary adjustments to become an effective major league hitter. His plate appearances this season have only further cemented that opinion for me.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 07:59 PM)
Have you followed Engel throughout the minors? He has a very limited track record of success with the bat and is known for constantly tweaking things. I don't see him suddenly making the necessary adjustments to become an effective major league hitter. His plate appearances this season have only further cemented that opinion for me.

There is nothing in his profile other than "4th OF" -- without a massive, highly unlikely improvement with the bat. You are 100% correct.