8/22- Twins @ White Sox

Jose Abreu

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 23, 2017 -> 02:15 AM)
Like most pitchers, it's going to be heavily dependent on Giolito keeping his mechanics in check. If he can do that consistently, I think the Sox got a good one.

If not..... :huh:

Never really realized how much there is to his delivery.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 08:32 PM)
I think we all would be thrilled if he can be a 3.

Ya, agreed. We don't need him to be an ace, because we have Kopech and Hansen who look to be TOR guys. I can't believe how much he's lost off the fastball though since his Nats days. They must have really screwed him up mechanically. Perfect case of if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 08:35 PM)
Ya, agreed. We don't need him to be an ace, because we have Kopech and Hansen who look to be TOR guys. I can't believe how much he's lost off the fastball though since his Nats days. They must have really screwed him up mechanically. Perfect case of if it isn't broken, don't fix it.

He was throwing 95-96 in first 2 innings

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2017 -> 08:36 PM)
He was throwing 95-96 in first 2 innings

Yeah, but if he can't hold it deep into games it really doesn't matter. If he can get there again and hold it for his entire start then he instantly becomes the top guy after Kopech, and you could argue who could be better. Right now there is no discussion. If he can get back there with the fastball and throw strikes with his curve and change he's going to make Major League hitters look like schmucks. Secondary pitches move so much and fool hitters when he can establish them for strikes. I've been super impressed with his changeup. It is disgusting.

Edited by Jack Parkman