Kevin Maitan and others

bmags

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 12:54 PM)
Jesse Sanchez @JesseSanchezMLB

now

Another former Braves prospect has agreed to a deal with a new team. Source: Shortstop Livan Soto has agreed to a $850K deal with the Angels. The Angels have also agreed to a $2.2M deal with Kevin Maitan. @MLBPipeline

Looks like he just deleted that tweet and now says he hasn't signed. Either way, out of our range it looks like.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
Longenhagen said the bat looks a lot slower now than it did when he signed. Not saying I don't wish we had him, but I can get down with not ruining next years plans to give him $2mm+ as a solid call.

Sox are in penalty next year too. Nobody is an option unless it's for $300K

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
Longenhagen said the bat looks a lot slower now than it did when he signed. Not saying I don't wish we had him, but I can get down with not ruining next years plans to give him $2mm+ as a solid call.

Sox couldn't give him $2 million if they wanted. They only have a $300k limit per next year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 10:39 AM)
Jesse SanchezVerified account @JesseSanchezMLB Former Braves prospect Yefri del Rosario has found a new team. The RHP agreed to a $650K deal with the Royals. The pitcher was one of 12 prospects granted free agency after an MLB investigation determined Atlanta circumvented the international signing guidelines. @MLBPipeline

Jesse Sanchez‏Verified account @JesseSanchezMLB 4h4 hours ago Jesse Sanchez Retweeted MLB Pipeline

Rosario had multiple offers and turned down more money to sign with KC. The reason? His baseball idol was Yordano Ventura and he wants to pitch in the same organization where his hero once pitched.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 01:04 PM)
Looks like he just deleted that tweet and now says he hasn't signed. Either way, out of our range it looks like.

That was the only guy I wanted (assumed Maitan would not)

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 02:33 PM)
The catcher is another guy who had my attention.

Yeah as soon as I wrote that I meant to change it. The top 5 guys I clearly want just didn't expect. Soto was at the lower end and thought we could sign him.

I still am more optimistic about us hopefully using some of our 1.1 in a trade. To me, that's best case.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 02:22 PM)

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 02:24 PM)
Sox are in penalty next year too. Nobody is an option unless it's for $300K

Forgot about that, thanks.

He was a teammate of Luis Robert for at least one season. Doesn't look nearly as good as Robert, but if we have some money left and Robert wants a familiar face I wouldn't be against signing him.

EDIT: He would probably be cleared to sign after the Ohtani signing is complete and after the Braves prospects can receive a signing bonus, so any money left could only be spent on remaining J2 prospects or the couple Cubans who came over.

Edited by GenericUserName