The Sexual Assault problem

Brian

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 06:06 PM)
As SB says, you're making this a "team" situation. You're already claiming this was all planned and executed with ulterior motives. Why aren't you saying the same thing about Moore? You don't think the timing of those accusers coming out, a month before an election, is suspect?

When else would it come out!? The Post was down there covering the election, heard whispers of a story, pursued it, asked questions, etc, and unravelled the truth. That's what journalism is. It happened BECAUSE of the election, but through organic reporting. These women weren't people with an axe to grind who sought out the media to tell their story.

Today's event, however, looks like something that was politically orchestrated by - if not the GOP directly - associates of Bannon, Stone and those in power in the White House, in an effort to distract and provide cover for a story that was hurting them (and cover the House tax vote). There's a really important distinction here. One is journalism. The other is an intentionally timed and orchestrated political attack.

Conservatives who believe that the media is in the pocket of Dems may not buy that argument, but that doesn't make it false.

Edited by Reddy

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The photographer apparently refutes Tweeden's story, saying she was "playing dead" and that the photo was staged - that Franken was supposed to be "trying to revive her".

That plus Roger Stone plus the timing plus Tweeden saying she wasn't here to make Franken resign, etc makes this a lot more difficult than I originally made it out to be. If it's a purely political attack, it sets a really dangerous precedent to resign.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 05:31 PM)
The photographer apparently refutes Tweeden's story, saying she was "playing dead" and that the photo was staged - that Franken was supposed to be "trying to revive her".

Do you have a link for that?

My first impression of the photo was that it was a gag. It reminded me of a sleepover where people took embarrassing photos of the first person to pass out. I started to think about how some of those actions would be perceived in today's society.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 06:44 PM)
Do you have a link for that?

My first impression of the photo was that it was a gag. It reminded me of a sleepover where people took embarrassing photos of the first person to pass out. I started to think about how some of those actions would be perceived in today's society.

Looking for a source now. Twitter's annoying sometimes.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 06:47 PM)
Looking for a source now. Twitter's annoying sometimes.

Looks like it may just be a bulls*** twitter-created story at the moment regarding the photog. Haven't been able to pin down any real info on that yet.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 05:15 PM)
Go back a few pages. Already made this argument. Fewer Ds than Rs have committed these types of crimes and walked away scot-free, and more Rs than Ds have had sex scandals over the past couple decades.

Also there are just fewer male Democrats in office, so the odds are in my favor.

You realize keeping score is seriously shallow and petty, right?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 05:15 PM)
Go back a few pages. Already made this argument. Fewer Ds than Rs have committed these types of crimes and walked away scot-free, and more Rs than Ds have had sex scandals over the past couple decades.

Also there are just fewer male Democrats in office, so the odds are in my favor.

Why do you think this is some kind of a game? Who is keeping score? Well, other than you. You already were stretching to protect your Hollywood friends and now you just want to keep tallies of D vs R. I hope you are having fun.

Donald "grab them by the p****" "dozen accusations" "barged into miss teen dressing rooms" "'I'll be dating you in a few years' to a 14 year old" Trump is currently trying to claim the moral high ground on sexual assault.

Still no comment on Moore, though.

Edited by StrangeSox

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The Al Frankenstien picture is really bad, speaks a thousand words. Where do his hands go in pictures 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 while she sleeps? .....

11:06 AM - Nov 17, 2017

Surely he was doing even worse in front of tons of people on a USO plane/tour...

If the Democrats REALLY wanted to sabotage the GOP over the Moore situation, they would have waited UNTIL AFTER he was elected...putting them in the position of being stuck with him (and tarnishing whatever's left of the "brand") or having to expel him from the Senate (which hasn't happened for 155+ years, at the beginning of the Civil War, see below) or .

Expelled for supporting Confederate rebellion in 1862, three Senators from Indiana/Missouri. Expelled in 1861, John C. Breckinridge, a Kentucky Senator, later a general for the Army of the Confederate States who served mostly in the Western Theatre.

John Ensign (NV) and Bob Packwood (OR) the two most recent examples where they resigned before being expelled...can probably add Menendez to that list.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 09:20 PM)
Donald "grab them by the p****" "dozen accusations" "barged into miss teen dressing rooms" "'I'll be dating you in a few years' to a 14 year old" Trump is currently trying to claim the moral high ground on sexual assault.

Still no comment on Moore, though.

He is pushing investigation into the single accusation against Franken when he has almost 20 against him including his own admission.

Crazy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 07:54 AM)
He is pushing investigation into the single accusation against Franken when he has almost 20 against him including his own admission.

Crazy.

Don’t look at the tax cut, look at the asshole

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 10:00 PM)
Why do you think this is some kind of a game? Who is keeping score? Well, other than you. You already were stretching to protect your Hollywood friends and now you just want to keep tallies of D vs R. I hope you are having fun.

OMG I have Hollywood friends? Can we go to their parties?

Did y'all not see me call for Franken to resign? Y'alls confirmation bias when it comes to me is pretty hilarious. I'm kind of amazed at the narrative you've built up in your mind about me, though.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 09:18 AM)
OMG I have Hollywood friends? Can we go to their parties?

Did y'all not see me call for Franken to resign? Y'alls confirmation bias when it comes to me is pretty hilarious. I'm kind of amazed at the narrative you've built up in your mind about me, though.

Excuse me, that's a big mistake on my part. I looked back in this thread and it's on Broadway that you know everyone, not Hollywood. Sorry about that mix-up.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 01:55 PM)
That is what he said DA. Thanks for looking out though.

And the insult was that Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood. You don't know everyone in Hollywood, its Broadway. Sorry a degree or two of separation is not knowing everybody. I am one degree from knowing just about everyone on the PGA tour. I know one guy. You know Dan Hayes. You are one or two degrees away from knowing a ton of athletes and entertainers. Blow it out of proportion. That's what Fox News Groupthink teaches.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 02:00 PM)
And the insult was that Oh, I'm sorry I misunderstood. You don't know everyone in Hollywood, its Broadway. Sorry a degree or two of separation is not knowing everybody. I am one degree from knowing just about everyone on the PGA tour. I know one guy. You know Dan Hayes. You are one or two degrees away from knowing a ton of athletes and entertainers. Blow it out of proportion. That's what Fox News Groupthink teaches.

Speaking of personal attacks.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 02:09 PM)
You'll never own up to it, but how you can say you're doing but instigating I don't know.

I used a term you use to describe multiple posters on this board. So if I'm instigating, what are you doing?

You piled on Reddy for no reason other than he's liberal.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
Not me or SS2K specifically highlighted the individual word groupthink as the attack. You're focusing on that word specifically to equate the two of us and slip out of accountability for your actions. Your intent was clear. You know what you were doing. Everyone reading knows what you were doing. You won't admit it though.

As for Reddy, he has treated me like garbage on this site long before I ever made it into the filibuster. I clarified what LH said about him. I didn't say anything about Reddy he didn't already say himself. Unless quoting him is an attack I don't know what you are talking about.

You attacked me for no reason other than I am not a leftist. I also posted with you in PHT and we never had an issue other than when I would get sick of you carrying rehashed arguments from thread to thread. Now I post in here and you come at me all time.

Quit playing victim. It's really old. One thing is for sure. You aren't attacked more than you attack.