Abreu trade "unlikely"

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 12, 2017 -> 10:01 AM)
Boston and the White Sox aren't really a match but I wonder if they could be in a 3 way discussion of some kind. Oakland and Boston probably don't do this but this would make sense for Sox.

Boston Gets: Jose Abreu

Oakland Gets: Jackie Bradley Jr.

White Sox Get: OF Austin Beck, LHP Jesus Luzardo, two low level flyers

I like Neuse. I don't want anymore OFS

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 04:43 PM)
trade market now appears to be holding up free agent market. lots of big names being mentioned in trades, though no certainty many of them will move: machado, mccutchen, abreu, cole, duffy, archer, longoria, avisail, colome, herrera, harrison, kipnis, hernandez, merrifield, etc.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/942850466874101760

With the Red Sox resigning Moreland to a two year deal I think we can likely kill the Abreu to Boston rumor for now

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 03:53 PM)
With the Red Sox resigning Moreland to a two year deal I think we can likely kill the Abreu to Boston rumor for now

Crazy that Boston hasn't improved that position lol. It's unbelievable, especially considering what the Yankees have done.

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
Crazy that Boston hasn't improved that position lol. It's unbelievable, especially considering what the Yankees have done.

Moreland was still a 2.0 WAR player in 2017, it's not like he totally sucks^

Red Sox certainly must be targeting JD Martinez to bring added power to the lineup. I wouldn't write them off just yet.

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)

I still think they look for an upgrade at 1B/DH. This was more as insurance so the Ramirez option doesn't vest. Ramirez is RH Moreland LH. If Ramirez option vests it costs them 22 million. He needs like 400 plus PA.

QUOTE (wrathofhahn @ Dec 18, 2017 -> 09:47 PM)
I still think they look for an upgrade at 1B/DH. This was more as insurance so the Ramirez option doesn't vest. Ramirez is RH Moreland LH. If Ramirez option vests it costs them 22 million. He needs like 400 plus PA.

I find it hard to believe even with Moreland and some other new addition that his option doesn't vest. 400 PA is not many especially considering this is a hopeful playoff team that won't bench it's best players just because of an option (even though it sucks). Only way around the option for them is if they find a trade partner for him which is doubtful

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Dec 19, 2017 -> 03:00 PM)
I find it hard to believe even with Moreland and some other new addition that his option doesn't vest. 400 PA is not many especially considering this is a hopeful playoff team that won't bench it's best players just because of an option (even though it sucks). Only way around the option for them is if they find a trade partner for him which is doubtful

Not if they use him in a platoon against LHP but yeah I've also read reports they may just buy him out.

Edited by wrathofhahn