White Sox have shown interest in Machado

peppers312

What type of win production would we expect to see in 2018 with this type of team:

Lineup:

2B - Moncada

SS - Machado

1B - Abreu

RF - Eloy ( as of June ) / Avi prior

LF - Avi ( as of June ) / Delmonico prior

C - Castillo

DH - Davidson

CF - Anderson

3B - Sanchez

Rotation:

Rodon ( questionable to start in April )

Kopech ( as of June ) / FA prior

Lopez

Shields

Fulmer

Bullpen:

Horses***.

I mean... it just doesn't make sense to give up even Giolito... if MM isn't locked up then count me out of this madness... for sure!

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 11:34 AM)
Rosenthal has a great reputation, but I’m not buying that the Orioles have their choice of Kopech or Giolito. Hard pass on a deal that involves either.

Just reading that so simply put shoots down that rumor, IMO. I mean... is having that choice really a "choice"? It's a no brained!

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:45 PM)
Dan Clark‏Verified account

@DanClarkSports

Offers on Manny Machado are so strong, the #Orioles may finalize a trade by week's end. #HotStove

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/941392974151270400

Who the f*** is Dan Clark and what the f*** does he know? But seriously, this Machado is both exciting & terrifying. I just wish a White Sox mouthpiece like Merkin would pop in with a “Kopech & Giolito not included in any offer”. f***...f***...f***...

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 01:44 PM)
I believe that video with Rosenthal was also filmed earlier this morning, so it’s not exactly breaking news. In fact, he may just be reporting what Nightengale tweeted during the night.

Rosenthal said it about 45 minutes ago and, if he’s just repeating Nightengale, he would have given him credit.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)
Who the f*** is Dan Clark and what the f*** does he know? But seriously, this Machado is both exciting & terrifying. I just wish a White Sox mouthpiece like Merkin would pop in with a “Kopech & Giolito not included in any offer”. f***...f***...f***...

WSD already said he wasnt

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 01:50 PM)

Clark is legit, he has Baltimore sources. And I guarantee you Kopech will not be traded. The Rosenthal Kopech/Giolito piece was likely posturing from Baltimore. Wouldn't be surprised if it were a Rodon/Rutherford package, though.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
Rosenthal said it about 45 minutes ago and, if he’s just repeating Nightengale, he would have given him credit.

On MLB Network? Isn’t the bulk of the programming just repeats? I could definitely be wrong here but I heard him say something similar hours ago.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 01:55 PM)
On MLB Network? Isn’t the bulk of the programming just repeats? I could definitely be wrong here but I heard him say something similar hours ago.

They’re live 1-3, then coverage is done. He repeated what he said, but he said the Os front office is on their way back to present options to Angelos.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
Clark is legit, he has Baltimore sources. And I guarantee you Kopech will not be traded. The Rosenthal Kopech/Giolito piece was likely posturing from Baltimore. Wouldn't be surprised if it were a Rodon/Rutherford package, though.

That’s a huge package though. I mean, you can make a very strong argument that Rodon is the better trade chip than Giolito despite the shoulder injury. If I’m dealing Rodon for Machado I would hope there isn’t much else going out with him.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 14, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)

I hope this is true. This reminds me of the RA Dickey deal. I believed until the minute the trade was consummated that there was zero chance AA was going to give up Thor and TDA.

Then afterwards I said he should be fired. Honestly, if Hahn gives up anything close to whats being bandied about he should be fired effective immediately. Machado is a very good sometimes great player but he won't lead the CHW to a wildcard and if you give up 6 years of a cost controlled potential ace in Kopach or even a number 3 like Giolito for someone who isn't going to win you a meaningful game and has zero control past this year. You deserve to be fired.