**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

1 minute ago, Tony said:

So you didn't answer the question, at all. It was very simple. 

It's 2018, we been exposed to "Candidate and President" Trump for 2+ years now. Has there been ONE single instance where he said something and you thought "That was inappropriate?"

Nothing after I saw the context. 

Just now, Whitesoxin2019 said:

Hell no. But if they commit crimes they should be in jail. All of them. 

Why doesn't the President talk about those gangs, even though they're a bigger problem in this country than MS-13?

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You can't hold opinions that the President attacking people (not just MS13, but EVERYONE he has gone after) in the media is OK,  yet people being yelled at for political beliefs in a restaurant is national news, without it being hypocritical.  Trump is quite literally doing EXACTLY this on a daily basis, both on twitter and in press conferences for the national news and audiences, but people are snowflakes for being upset about this.  He is targeting everyone from politicians to private citizens on a daily basis for his vitrol, and almost all because of their politics.

A party that endorses this sort of behavior for one side only is exactly the reason I left the GOP.  There are no morals on display.  There is no such thing as compassion being displayed here.  No one gains from this.  So if the right genuinely has a problem with people being targeted for political purposes they need to quit being the condom protecting Trump from receiving his rightful responsibility for this political environment.

As much as I hated living through the Obama years, he at least had enough respect for the office to act Presidential, as had the other 43 Presidents in public.

Obama doesn’t call ms 13 gang members animals, so he is ok. Got it.

1 minute ago, Whitesoxin2019 said:

Obama doesn’t call ms 13 gang members animals, so he is ok. Got it.

Some people are willing to rationalize literally anything. Even more so when they're scared of losing their place atop America's social and fiscal hierarchy.

1 minute ago, Whitesoxin2019 said:

How do you know he won’t address it after the Wall? Why fight 2 wars at once? 

Wat.

You... you know the wall isn't happening... right?

Just now, Whitesoxin2019 said:

I just explained that just about everything Trump says is accompanied with misleading sensationalized headlines. I think that’s the bigger issue here.

You don't even need headlines.  All you need to do is look at the mans damned twitter account to see him PERSONALLY targeting person after person. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

You don't even need headlines.  All you need to do is look at the mans damned twitter account to see him PERSONALLY targeting person after person. 

And personally lying to americans over and over and over.  But thats cool.

There are three types of Trump supporter:

1) Proud alt-right neo-nazi white supremacists
2) Economically disenfranchised working class folks
3) White people who don't realize they're white supremacists, but are subconsciously terrified of the changing American culture that includes space for marginalized communities to have a voice and power where they never had it before, so they feel like they're LOSING market share, and want to fight back. Because of this, they'll rationalize and believe literally anything Fox News, conservative pundits, and Trump himself say because those things support and validate their fear.

This dude falls into category 3.

4 minutes ago, Whitesoxin2019 said:

Ok vultures I’m out of here. Glad I derailed your ms13 story but my kids are home and is rather toss the baseball with my boy than debate 5 on 1 while the rest of you count down your work day.  Peace

And this is what happens when you run out of talking points...

Just now, Reddy said:

3) White people who don't realize they're white supremacists, but are subconsciously terrified of the changing American culture that includes space for marginalized communities to have a voice and power where they never had it before, so they feel like they're LOSING market share, and want to fight back. Because of this, they'll rationalize and believe literally anything Fox News, conservative pundits, and Trump himself say because those things support and validate their fear.

I dont entirely agree with this.  Trump's policies arent ALL that different from what Reagan was trying to do, even some of the blatent lying.  So I do believe there is a set of conservatives that are willing or are unintentionally ignoring the grifting and personal issues the guy has in expectation of some of the glory days of the mid 80's.

2 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

I dont entirely agree with this.  Trump's policies arent ALL that different from what Reagan was trying to do, even some of the blatent lying.  So I do believe there is a set of conservatives that are willing or are unintentionally ignoring the grifting and personal issues the guy has in expectation of some of the glory days of the mid 80's.

True - I didn't include the intentionally disingenuous corporate fat cat types who hate the guy personally but love what he's doing for them.

5 minutes ago, Reddy said:

True - I didn't include the intentionally disingenuous corporate fat cat types who hate the guy personally but love what he's doing for them.

You also forgot evangelicals hungry for more political power

14 minutes ago, Reddy said:

You missed a broad category of those who don't like Hillary or democrats and just view themselves as republican period and thus vote party line (no matter what).  Maybe you are bucketing them in category 1 and 3 but if you are, you are making the same mistake the democratic party did when they lost the mainstream election (essentially talking down and berating an entire sub-set of people).  

I'd also argue that the inverse largely applies as well. For people to not think that party line voting exists and is, than they are delusional, imo.  This is coming from someone who did not vote party line by the way in the last presidential election and who is no longer a registered republican.  All that said, I'm far from a registered democrat too.  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

You missed a broad category of those who don't like Hillary or democrats and just view themselves as republican period and thus vote party line (no matter what).  Maybe you are bucketing them in category 1 and 3 but if you are, you are making the same mistake the democratic party did when they lost the mainstream election (essentially talking down and berating an entire sub-set of people).  

I'd also argue that the inverse largely applies as well. For people to not think that party line voting exists and is, than they are delusional, imo.  This is coming from someone who did not vote party line by the way in the last presidential election and who is no longer a registered republican.  All that said, I'm far from a registered democrat too.  

I really don't think the majority of the people you're talking about would still consider themselves Trump supporters, even if they voted for the guy.

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think (maybe) he's not grouping those as "trump" supporters but merely just republicans.  But I agree with you.  Most everyone groups towards the middle, and for some reason the political rhetoric lately has completely ignored both sides of the middle.  Trump's platform started out WAY right in those groups he mentioned.

Just now, RockRaines said:

I think (maybe) he's not grouping those as "trump" supporters but merely just republicans.  But I agree with you.  Most everyone groups towards the middle, and for some reason the political rhetoric lately has completely ignored both sides of the middle.  Trump's platform started out WAY right in those groups he mentioned.

I agree with this. I was referring to current Trump *supporters*, not Trump voters. In May 2018, I think there's a distinction.