Brewers nearing trade

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 05:41 PM)
Avi. They really don't have a glut of outfielders like their fans claim. All I see are Braun, Brinson, Santana, Phillips, and Broxton (who isn't really an MLB caliber OF). If 4 outfielders is a glut, then I guess every team has a glut. I could see something involving Avi with us taking Phillips back, or perhaps even taking Braun's contract off their hands for additional prospects.

The Brewers have a ton of OF depth and aren’t trading for Avi. They want to move one of their OFs to fill other needs.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 05:41 PM)
Avi. They really don't have a glut of outfielders like their fans claim. All I see are Braun, Brinson, Santana, Phillips, and Broxton (who isn't really an MLB caliber OF). If 4 outfielders is a glut, then I guess every team has a glut. I could see something involving Avi with us taking Phillips back, or perhaps even taking Braun's contract off their hands for additional prospects.

Those first few sentences seem to contradict each other. You name 3 starting OF and a couple recent/current top prospects and that's not considered a glut? A team only needs 3 starters and a backup.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 05:55 PM)
Those first few sentences seem to contradict each other. You name 3 starting OF and a couple recent/current top prospects and that's not considered a glut? A team only needs 3 starters and a backup.

And that's what they have, no? Braun/Brinson/Santana with Phillips as well, as they do need 4.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 05:55 PM)
Eric Hubbs‏

@BarstoolHubbs

A little birdy told me Jacoby Ellsbury is heading to Milwaukee. Nothing definitive yet, but keep your ears peeled. I'll believe anything at this point

I call BS. The only Barstool guy I trust is Dave at this point. Carl’s Darvish “leak” was an epic failure.

And why the f*** would the Brewers take on that salary exactly? They’d have to be getting Glaybar Torres back.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 05:56 PM)
And that's what they have, no? Braun/Brinson/Santana with Phillips as well, as they do need 4.

Well the high upside kids you probably just have every day at bats in the minors with someone else brough into be a bench player. But they don't need another starting OF (unless they deal one for pitching).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 06:00 PM)
I call BS. The only Barstool guy I trust is Dave at this point. Carl’s Darvish “leak” was an epic failure.

And why the f*** would the Brewers take on that salary exactly? They’d have to be getting Glaybar Torres back.

I dont trust any of them.

The only way I can see Ellsbury being involved if it’s a three way deal with us.

This would be a crazy ass trade but makes some sense for all teams.

Brewers

-Trade: Brinson, Diaz

-Receive: Sanchez, Adams

Yankees

-Trade: Ellsbury, Adams, Andujar

-Receive: Low level C prospect

White Sox

-Trade: Sanchez, low level C prospect

-Receive: Ellsbury, Brinson, Andujar, Diaz

Brewers need to be subtracting outfielders, not adding them.

They also have no reason to dump Broxton at his lowest possible value. Santana's the only one they might be able to get a decent return on, at the moment (still south of Ozuna and way south of Yelich, due to only one solid season). Brinson's definitely not going anywhere.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 07:09 PM)
Brewers need to be subtracting outfielders, not adding them.

They also have no reason to dump Broxton at his lowest possible value. Santana's the only one they might be able to get a decent return on, at the moment. Brinson's definitely not going anywhere.

The MLBtraderumors article says they’d like to sign Cain for CF. If true, I could definitely see Brinson moved.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 21, 2018 -> 07:13 PM)
The MLBtraderumors article says they'd like to sign Cain for CF. If true, I could definitely see Brinson moved.

Just kind of a weird move, unless they don't believe in either Brinson or Broxton.

That makes them older and more expensive, they'd have to pay Cain at least $50 million over 3 years...and there are SOME doubts about his ability to stay healthy when he has to play center on an everyday basis as he gets older. In the last four years, he's played RF 100 times, but he did make it through 151 games in CF with Dyson gone to the Mariners last year.

It's a pretty good risk at age 31, but they must feel it's worth it, especially if they can get a discount on the signing.