White Sox @ Twins 4/12

Jose Abreu

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, it seems like the Sox still can't identify talent. Those who didn't trust this front office to pull it off seem correct. I Had been a huge fan of both Moncada and Giolito, but it seems as if the Nationals and Sawx are laughing to the bank.

They both look like AAAA fodder currently.

4.48 ERA in AAA last year. 78 career IP. Can we please not act like this is the final version of Giolito?

His mechanics don't look the greatest, but this year is for him to figure s*** out. It has to take complete enjoyment out of watching baseball to write him off right now.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:28 PM)
4.48 ERA in AAA last year. 78 career IP. Can we please not act like this is the final version of Giolito?

The issue with him is that he's lost 7 mph off the heater since 2016. He doesn't have good enough command to live under 93-94ish

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:28 PM)
At this point, it seems like the Sox still can't identify talent. Those who didn't trust this front office to pull it off seem correct. I Had been a huge fan of both Moncada and Giolito, but it seems as if the Nationals and Sawx are laughing to the bank.

Lol Jack, we need to get you on some uppers. You are way too pessimistic bro. Obviously they both look like s*** right now, but it’s not even halfway through April. Let’s give them some time before we declare trade winners.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:31 PM)
Lol Jack, we need to get you on some uppers. You are way too pessimistic bro. Obviously they both look like s*** right now, but it?€s not even halfway through April. Let?€s give them some time before we declare trade winners.

I know I need to be patient, but it seems that those who become good to stars come up and light the world on fire and don't look back. No struggles at all. It also seems like anyone, once they struggle, never seem to recover. Part of it is that I'm really concerned about a 2020 players strike eating into the window if it opens. I really want these guys to put it together asap, because a labor stoppage is coming and it isn't going to be pretty.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:35 PM)
I know I need to be patient, but it seems that those who become good to stars come up and light the world on fire and don't look back. No struggles at all. It also seems like anyone, once they struggle, never seem to recover.

I don’t think that’s the case at all. I’d say most young guys take some time to figure s*** out at the major league level. The Aaron Judges of the world are the exception.

Moncada was always going to require a development curve because of his swing & miss issues. Giolito was always going to be a work in progress because of his mechanical issues. Doesn’t make watching this s*** any less painful and it’s easy to panic, but it’s only been 11 games. Things may not ultimately work for these guys but give it more time.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:40 PM)
I don’t think that’s the case at all. I’d say most young guys take some time to figure s*** out at the major league level. The Aaron Judges of the world are the exception.

Moncada was always going to require a development curve because of his swing & miss issues. Giolito was always going to be a work in progress because of his mechanical issues. Doesn’t make watching this s*** any less painful and it’s easy to panic, but it’s only been 11 games. Things may not ultimately work for these guys but give it more time.

Or feel free to panic, you're just gonna drive yourself insane.

Also, an insanely long review and we win a bad call.

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 02:28 AM)

I think they are good scouting minor league talent but have been amazingly bad trading/signing big league players. The draft scouting is also very questionable

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:42 PM)
I think they are good scouting minor league talent but have been amazingly bad trading/signing big league players. The draft scouting is also very questionable

I agree with this. I think we’ll know more about Hostetler in a couple years. Still early to judge him, but a couple of his picks look questionable at the moment.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:42 PM)

They haven't made the playoffs in a decade. The FO office has been bad at pretty much everything.