White Sox @ Twins 4/12

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:32 PM)
It's really just the game threads, everything else is fine haha

I can tell. haha

I'm the same way with the Bears. A total headcase during the games - then I can take a deep breath to come down from the high or (usually as of recent years) the low.

With baseball's 162 game season, especially this early. I tend to do a much better job of taking individual games/performances with a grain of salt.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:41 PM)
Quality decision to play Engel tonight

He's really the one guy I think is worth thinking there's no way he's a major leaguer after watching him this season and last season.

QUOTE (Richie @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:36 PM)
I can tell. haha

I'm the same way with the Bears. A total headcase during the games - then I can take a deep breath to come down from the high or (usually as of recent years) the low.

With baseball's 162 game season, especially this early. I tend to do a much better job of taking individual games/performances with a grain of salt.

Baseball is my favorite sport by far. It is your friend during the season. No matter how pissed off and irrational I get each evening, I go to bed, sleep on it and become more levelheaded by morning. There is another game tomorrow night. I tend to get goofy and make knee jerk reactions during the game. But as I think about it cooler heads prevail.

I'm not shy about being autistic so most times for me I'm either looking at things through rose colored glasses or as if the sun set and will never come up again, lol.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 03:41 AM)
fixed

He earned the spot, but he's such a headcase he already changed his stance a few weeks into the season. He looks terrible now, as he's taking very defensive swings and ducking under high fastballs

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:47 PM)
He earned the spot, but he's such a headcase he already changed his stance a few weeks into the season. He looks terrible now, as he's taking very defensive swings and ducking under high fastballs

I agree with all that except I wouldn't say he earned the spot. He was the worst player in baseball last year.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:49 PM)
I agree with all that except I wouldn't say he earned the spot. He was the worst player in baseball last year.

He definitely earned it this spring, and I in no way think he's a valuable part of this team moving forward at the same time.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 02:49 AM)

Had a great spring and for some reason, Sox never seemed to have any interest in giving Leury the role.