White Sox @ Twins 4/12

Jose Abreu

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 02:47 AM)
remember when people kept mentioning how a good 1B was going to save all those errors TA had in the minors?

Turns out they were half right. His throwing yips are really troubling. Jose is doing God's work over there however.

Oh Keon Barnum

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:47 PM)
remember when people kept mentioning how a good 1B was going to save all those errors TA had in the minors?

Turns out they were half right. His throwing yips are really troubling. Jose is doing God's work over there however.

I know he's not good defensively, but I always felt like Jose got a bad rap over there. He's not a liability like some make him out to be

Nice inning Gio. I liked the gameplan...get ahead with offspeed stuff and try to bust them in with the fastball (or finish Mauer with a down/in curve).

Gio stuff has been garbage most of this year, but I have liked his competitiveness. He battles.

NOW...add 4 MPH to that heater and spot the offspeed pitch better and we may have a Gio

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 01:45 AM)
Ricky Renteria might as well have been Robin Ventura this last week. Light a fire under them, come on

Funny you mentioned Robin. First mention of him in a while cause until this season Ricky was beloved. Now we're wondering WTF? I am a one-trick complainer but I'll never understand his lineup construction. Also it would have been nice to add a big booming bat this season. We are 1-2 MLB quality hitters shy of even thinking .500. We are one top starter and 2 top relievers shy of having pitching that can sniff .500.

I won't give up on Moncada and Avi til they mercifully get lowered in the lineup. Ridiculous to come up with them batting 1-2. Moncada is a No. 6 hitter. Avi No. 5 or 3.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:42 PM)
I think they are good scouting minor league talent but have been amazingly bad trading/signing big league players. The draft scouting is also very questionable

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:45 PM)
I agree with this. I think we’ll know more about Hostetler in a couple years. Still early to judge him, but a couple of his picks look questionable at the moment.

QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 08:45 PM)
They haven't made the playoffs in a decade. The FO office has been bad at pretty much everything.

I agree with everyone here. They may be "better" at identifying pro talent below the minor league level, but the trading for veterans and drafting hasn't set the bar high enough.