Super Fun White Sox Happy Time Game Thread III vs Orioles

Heads22

Just now, fathom said:

Because he is going to want to play for a big name team like Yankees or Cubs

I mean who honestly in their right mind on here believes we offer the most money? 

Just now, soxfan49 said:

He’s probably right. Teams like the Cubs, Braves, Dodgers, Angels, Red Sox and Yankees are probably going to offer $350-$400M. No way the Sox will match that

I guess we’ll see, I think the organization realizes the need for a legit superstar signing to signal the rebuild is over and add some excitement to the franchise prior to TV contract negotiations.  If we don’t land Machado, I honestly don’t expect money to be the primary issue.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think we’ll be up there in money.

Even if that happened...I'm sure he'll be jumping to play on a 60 win team with almost none of it's prospects playing. 

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Anderson + Cease + anything else is absolutely ridiculous for three months of Machado.  No way they get close to that much IMO.

Also, Engel is one frustrating player.

Rest assured that's what they are probably asking or something as obscene. I didn't say they'd get it of course. 

Paying Machado that much money would be nuts.

It's the old "walk year" syndrome.  How many times in baseball history have big-time FA's signed huge deals coming off career years and then wet the bed the following year?

Can anyone think of someone who outperformed their walk year in their first year after signing a huge extension?

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I guess we’ll see, I think the organization realizes the need for a legit superstar signing to signal the rebuild is over and add some excitement to the franchise prior to TV contract negotiations.  If we don’t land Machado, I honestly don’t expect money to be the primary issue.

They're going to have to be happy with AJ Pollock, a closer and a "higher quality but not ace level" veteran starting pitcher...

1 minute ago, Baron said:

Even if that happened...I'm sure he'll be jumping to play on a 60 win team with almost none of it's prospects playing. 

What do you mean “none of it’s prospects playing”?  There will be plenty of talent on this roster by the end of the season.  We obviously won’t be as ready to win as the Yankees, Cubs, or Dodgers but I don’t we’ll be viewed nearly as negatively as you’re making it out to be.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Paying Machado that much money would be nuts.

It's the old "walk year" syndrome.  How many times in baseball history have big-time FA's signed huge deals coming off career years and then wet the bed the following year?

Can anyone think of someone who outperformed their walk year in their first year after signing a huge extension?

Daniel Murphy has proved to be a HUGE bargain for the Nats