Michigan's first half

Hell Ya Hawkeyes.  Too bad I was stuck with the USC game.  Hawkeyes got talent...not as much as some of the other top teams but they are also very banged up. 

They have an incredible coaching staff though.

Iowa looked tough. Most teams would have folded after the start they had. They showed why they are one the better teams in the country.

I was at that game today, it was one hell of a game and the crowd was pretty wild, at least for the second half, when the hawkeyes were playing well. I thought both teams looked fairly impressive, though i dont know what anyone on tv was saying about them.

The Hawkeyes are pretty decently talented and very well coached. Iowas defense is very solid especially in stopping the run. Their offense on the other hand is not so great, but looks like they can do what they need to keep themselves in most games. I think Nathan Chandler is not a very good QB, and im pretty sure most every student at iowa would probably agree and have been calling for his head since the start of the season, but he doesnt really have anyone to throw to, both of the starting WRs are injured. Fred Russel is one of the better Big Ten running backs and probably the most important piece of their offense.

I honestly think that the Hawkeyes do have a chance against Ohio State in two weeks. Ohio State is bound to lose and seems very overrated. Plus Iowas best reciever Mo Brown is supposed to be back for the Ohio State game hopefully giving the offense the spark they need for this next game.

Speaking of, what the hell was that punt formation Michigan used. Me and the guys i was with were trying to figure out what they were trying to do. Maybe it was an option punt (which i didnt even know existed) or something? But it was definately asking to be blocked.

I can easily see that happening. I can see Ohio State ending the season with two or three loses.

I think they play Minnesota too. Minnesota looks somewhat decent this year.....they came back and beat Northwestern - not that Northwestern is a real powerhouse or anything - but it was a 14 point deficit that they came back from, and apparently their rushing attack is pretty good, and after they gave up those 14 points, they outscored Northwestern 42-3 over the last 3 quarters. 42 points in 3 quarters is pretty goddamn good.

I think Ohio State is in deep s***. They have some tough games in the next few weeks, and if they survive those, they might be banged up so much so that going into Michigan that they just get stomped by Michigan.

I think they play Minnesota too.  Minnesota looks somewhat decent this year.....they came back and beat Northwestern - not that Northwestern is a real powerhouse or anything - but it was a 14 point deficit that they came back from, and apparently their rushing attack is pretty good, and after they gave up those 14 points, they outscored Northwestern 42-3 over the last 3 quarters.  42 points in 3 quarters is pretty goddamn good.

Minnesota starts every year on fire because they don't play anybody. They play michicagn next week.. thats a loss.. Wisonsin. Loss... Iowa Loss... I'm sure there's others. They are better than most years, But they are always over-rated.

After wathcing that game yesterday, I thought the most impressive unit was the Michigan Offensive line. Navarre had all day to throw against a really good front four of Iowa. Which raises the question even more about the whole punting debacle. if they can block on pass situations why not in punt formation??

Mark it down.  The hawkeyes will end Ohio State's undefeated streak in two weeks in columbus.

I've been believing this since last season...so I'm hoping it comes true :headbang

I love the job Ferentz has been doing. The oline should be better molded by the Ohio State game and they get their pretty damn good receiver back. I also think one of the better safeties in the countries Bob Sanders will be back.

As far as Iowa's secondary, its very young, but surprisingly its played very good this year...as a matter of fact their defense has been pretty impressive although each game more guys go down and it just gets harder and harder to piece something together.

Right now they aren't a national title contender, but they are a big ten champ contender :headbang

I've been believing this since last season...so I'm hoping it comes true  :headbang

I love the job Ferentz has been doing.  The oline should be better molded by the Ohio State game and they get their pretty damn good receiver back.  I also think one of the better safeties in the countries Bob Sanders will be back.

As far as Iowa's secondary, its very young, but surprisingly its played very good this year...as a matter of fact their defense has been pretty impressive although each game more guys go down and it just gets harder and harder to piece something together.

Right now they aren't a national title contender, but they are a big ten champ contender  :headbang

Jason, you know damn well the only reason Banks succeeded last year and the only reason they will succed is because the coaching staff is masterful with that O-Line.

Just had to comment on that. :D

Actually Bobby Sanders was back this week, putting a few of his tradmark huge hits on Michigan.

Good to hear. I was excited to get the Hawk game on (Only one I missed was the MSU one) and then this week I was up ready to watch it and the freaking USC game was on since I'm in the Socal area.

So are all indications pointing to Brown being back and is their any word on Henkel?

He had some nice hits on them Wolverines. He's a very tough player. Is he a senior?

Ya. If he had a little more size he'd be a top NFL prospect. Unfortunately for Bob he's only 5'8 and that probably won't get him drafted and if it does he'll likely be a late round pick and a special teams contributor.

The kid has a ton of heart though and damn can he lay the wood.