Most Overrated Player

Who is the most overrated player in the MLB?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most overrated player in the MLB?

• Sammy Sosa
    • Chipper Jones
    • Derek Jeter
    • Billy Wagner
    • Manny Ramirez
    • Mike Piazza
    • Other (specify)

I don't even fear Sosa anymore. When the Sox are playing the Cubs or when the Cubs are on tv and I'm rooting against them I see him as an easy out instead of a good player. He GIDPs and Ks when it matters. He sucked all of September, but he had 1 2 HR day...IN A LOSS!!! I love it.

Jeters pretty overrated too. Hes had 100 RBIs only once. 20 homers only twice in eight full seasons. The only reason hes so well known is because he plays in the Bronx. Hes good, dont get me wrong, but not as good as everyoen thinks...

They also make a big deal about him being their new "Mr. October." He's such a playoff stud, eh.

Is it OK for me to nominate the entire Chicago White Sox offense, minus Carlos Lee, or is that a no?

If not....I'll just vote for Billy Koch(because I voted other)

Can Koch be overrated when everyone already thinks he sucks?

:D

And Jeter is overrated because he plays in NY and everyone there thinks every Spankee is Jesus.... :fyou the Spankees.

Cross town hate put a side and recognizing that Jeter's shoulder may not have been 100% I have to go with none of the above.

Sore shoulder or not, Jeter is not a $19 million (3rd higest paid) player. There are at least 3 SS's alone i would take over Jeter, and probably 25 MLers I would take over him.

Pay is the easiest measure of a players rating.  But with Jeter they are already talking about him as HOF type player, which is a joke.

In some cases yes, but I would argue that AROD is overpaid but he is not overrated as a player. And yes Jeter as a hall of famer is a joke. He is only a marginal all star.