6/5- Sox at Twins doubleheader, 3:10

flavum

I want to see Gio get his curve ball over. That change up he threw was way too damn high as well. Need more than 1 effective pitch. And hell, even that fastball isn't overpowering, though it certainly does have good movement.

I'm not giving up on Giolito quite yet, Just went to gameday and most of his fastballs are 92-93. What is weird is that it seems that when he first gets on the mound for an inning he's down at 90-91. His two fastest were 94.1 and 93.9 today, which is encouraging. It seems like he's getting comfortable with his delivery and the velocity is starting to return. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not giving up on Giolito quite yet, Just went to gameday and most of his fastballs are 92-93. What is weird is that it seems that when he first gets on the mound for an inning he's down at 90-91. His fastest was 94.1 and 93.9 today, which is encouraging. It seems like he's getting comfortable with his delivery and the velocity is starting to return. 

Absolutely not, no one should give up on Gio. We're only 2+ months into the season.

I think his fastball is close to being workable, but the off speed stuff is simply non existent right now, in that if he does get it into the strike zone (rarely) it's usually in a terrible location. 

3 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Absolutely not, no one should give up on Gio. We're only 2+ months into the season.

I think his fastball is close to being workable, but the off speed stuff is simply non existent right now, in that if he does get it into the strike zone (rarely) it's usually in a terrible location. 

That is what is so frustrating about him, is that his offspeed stuff is so wicked but he can't get any of it over the plate.

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That is what is so frustrating about him, is that his offspeed stuff is so wicked but he can't get any of it over the plate. 

Oh no doubt, the curve ball he has is legit, but damn if he knows where it's going. At least right now. I don't believe he has forgotten how to pitch.

Edited by kwolf68