Oakland @ CWS 6/23

Bazox

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It's the first official weekend of summer and the club is playing ~35% ball.  Eloy isn't up yet.  Only reason I'm here is because I had to come into the office, employee called in sick. 

I know this. Didn't mean it that why. It was with a ironic tone...

• Like 1

The at-bat that caught my attention was Anderson's in the 8th inning. Sanchez on second, no out, down a run.

It looked like Anderson wasn't even trying to go the other way to get the guy to third base. No effort at all. Just swing hard and hope you make contact. Nope. Either RR and the staff are doing a bad job of getting through to these guys regarding fundamentals or the players are letting it go in one ear and out the other.

I know Anderson hit a three run home run earlier. Great...not diminisihing that at all, but with the game on the line he looked awful and "baseball-stupid."

Very frustrating even in a rebuilding year

Have heard and maybe someone can confirm this that Farmer and DJ were really ripping on the team on the radio broadcast. Supposedly DJ said "this is more of the clown baseball we've been seeing lately..." And Farmer supposedly said "Anderson has got to learn to catch something over there at short..."

Rebuilding or not if this is true I salute the radio guys for calling the team out.

26 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Have heard and maybe someone can confirm this that Farmer and DJ were really ripping on the team on the radio broadcast. Supposedly DJ said "this is more of the clown baseball we've been seeing lately..." And Farmer supposedly said "Anderson has got to learn to catch something over there at short..."

Rebuilding or not if this is true I salute the radio guys for calling the team out.

Didn't catch today's game, but had the chance to tune in yesterday. There was plenty of that, and it's well deserved. 

47 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Good to know that Farmer has no idea what he's talking about. Glad I haven't been able to catch a game on the radio this season. 

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The at-bat that caught my attention was Anderson's in the 8th inning. Sanchez on second, no out, down a run.

It looked like Anderson wasn't even trying to go the other way to get the guy to third base. No effort at all. Just swing hard and hope you make contact. Nope. Either RR and the staff are doing a bad job of getting through to these guys regarding fundamentals or the players are letting it go in one ear and out the other.

I know Anderson hit a three run home run earlier. Great...not diminisihing that at all, but with the game on the line he looked awful and "baseball-stupid."

Very frustrating even in a rebuilding year

Great point Lip Man! My contention is he knew what needed to be done but was trying to jack another homer. Why? Why not? The games don't matter.