6/30 Gamethread - @ Rangers - Rodon vs Big Sexy

Just now, fathom said:

slider getting some awkward swings!

Rodon's movement and command looks very good so far. 

His velo seems to be steady at around 93. Am I crazy... or is that down? 

18 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Chris Sale pitching against Yankees at the House that Ruth built. 7 innings and 11- strikeouts and only a first inning single allowed. He has been hitting 100 MPH. We got ripped off

The worst part is that he definitely would have signed a cheap extension just from the love of his heart!

12 minutes ago, Richie said:

Rodon's movement and command looks very good so far. 

His velo seems to be steady at around 93. Am I crazy... or is that down? 

93-94, he's touched 96 a couple times. I think this is where he sits normally.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

how in the hell does Joe West miss that?  Omar has got to frame that better also, but what else is new.

This has torpedo'd Rodon's outing. He's done. This sucks

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Why not? It’s fun 

I think it's been had and will be had enough times in other threads. This is a game thread. 

I also just think it's a weird thing to bring up tonight. As if this is the first time Sale has done this. Sale pitched great... yeah, he's great. What else is new? We have always known that, the White Sox have always known that... the entire MLB knows that. My dog knows that.

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Timmy U said:

Yeah.  Why does Narvaez have a job in the majors and guys like Rob Brantley are stuck in AAA their entire lives.  It’s a mystery.  Collins will not be worse than Narvaez.

wouldn't be so sure about that

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Only the Sox could employ a god awful pitch framer when they're trying to rebuild with 4 "young" pitchers.  Whenever Hahn wants to start putting any emphasis on defense, that would be nice.

80.game.suspension.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

They are just killing Rodon's fastball.  These guys are swinging too well to not use more offspeed pitches.  Rodon completely lost his composure tonight.

Not sure he cares.

Just now, fathom said:

Omar was still getting playing time before the suspension, and his framing numbers were bad then also (Castillo's weren't much better)

He would not be here but for the injury to Smith and the suspension of Castillo.  Narvaez was plan C.

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

Only the Sox could employ a god awful pitch framer when they're trying to rebuild with 4 "young" pitchers.  Whenever Hahn wants to start putting any emphasis on defense, that would be nice.

Rick Hahn is in over his head as a gm and has no idea on how to evaluate the catching position. The guy let Flowers walk and signed Dioner Navarro. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He would not be here but for the injury to Smith and the suspension of Castillo.  Narvaez was plan C.

He was always supposed to be the back up. Never once was it rumored he'd lose out to Smith in ST.