7-8 Stros/Sox Game Thread

DirtySox

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You have to give Gio some credit. He really settled down after the first couple of hitter. It looked like it was going to get out of hand in a hurry, and here he is going to the 6th giving up 1 run.

On 1 hit at that.

Pull Giolito now, IMO

Great, great outing. 6 innings 1 hit, 2 BB's and 1 ER. 

His confidence has been shot all season. Get him out of there on a high-note. His progression is more important than this game. Let the bullpen get torched in the 7th for all I care. 

Just now, Richie said:

Pull Giolito now, IMO

His confidence has been shot all season. Get him out of there on a high-note. His progression is more important than this game. Let the bullpen get torched in the 7th for all I care. 

Pulling him with 74 pitches can't be good for his confidence either 

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Pull Giolito now, IMO

Taking him out would be a panic move 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Pulling him with 74 pitches can't be good for his confidence either 

Maybe one more, but I'd have somebody getting loose when a runner reaches and give him the hook if a second runner does so.

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

Taking him out would be a panic move 

Yeah, probably. 

I said after that post to give him one more with a tight leash. I just don't want this to turn into that Oakland start (I think OAK?) where we sent him back out for the 8th and wound up getting blown up. Wound up having the book closed on him with 4 ER's.