This is a game thread

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm so done with this. If he starts on the MLB roster in 2019 I seriously won't attend a single game 

I guarantee he's not the starter heading into next season.  Better chance he's starting in CF for the Chicago Dogs.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I guarantee he's not the starter heading into next season.  Better chance he's starting in CF for the Chicago Dogs.

I want to agree with you but even for a "tanking" team, I would've liked to assume that he would have been long gone by now. So many guys who can take his role in center. Mainly Leury 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

I want to agree with you but even for a "tanking" team, I would've liked to assume that he would have been long gone by now. So many guys who can take his role in center. Mainly Leury 

From day 1 of ST, they wanted Engel over Leury in CF.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Or even experiment with this tank of a season.  Why not send Yolmer out there to get some work? 

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Throwing over to second in general is such a high risk play. I don't get why we do it so much 

I LOVE the pick off moves with the pitcher, as it's been very effective.  Hate it from our catchers that have mediocre arms.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Lucas survived, but once again it almost feels like I'm watching his starts while holding my breathe under water.   

I feel like he’s getting more comfortable to watch. Not walking the world anymore, getting more strikeouts and lasting deeper into games. He is showing quite a bit of progress from where he was at. 

Just now, Heads22 said:

I feel like he’s getting more comfortable to watch. Not walking the world anymore, getting more strikeouts and lasting deeper into games. He is showing quite a bit of progress from where he was at. 

his appearances of late have been 1000 times more enjoyable than early in the year.  He's at least close to the zone with fastballs he misses on.  Earlier in the year, he was missing by feet and not inches and then looking like he wanted to fight the mound.

Just now, Heads22 said:

If compared to his horrendous April and May, then yeah no doubt.   But  it's still not a comfortable watch for me.   

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

If compared to his horrendous April and May, then yeah no doubt.   But  it's still not a comfortable watch for me.   

Well, yeah, that’s what I’m comparing it to :lol: