This is a game thread

Kyyle23

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If it was Trout, I wouldn't complain much. I'm not sure Ohtani is that good of a hitter. Upton is a good player but nothing special. 

Those are 3 above average (at a minimum) hitters.  He has great fastball command tonight, it's just he still struggles mightily with his off speed pitches.  When he was good last year, he used off speed pitches early in the count and then put hitters away with the high fastball.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

his breaking pitches just aren't close enough to get people to consistently think of swinging at them.  

That is the next thing Giolito has to to to take step #2. He has to get his breaking pitches over for strikes early in the count, and when throws one out of the zone don't bounce it or make it so far outside that it is an easy take. 

Jesus H. Christ ump, that was outside. What does the MLB umpires union have vs Moncada? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

That is the next thing Giolito has to to to take step #2. He has to get his breaking pitches over for strikes early in the count, and when throws one out of the zone don't bounce it or make it so far outside that it is an easy take. 

really should just ditch the curve completely

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

really should just ditch the curve completely

I know he has trouble commanding it, but it is his best breaker. I don't know why you'd ditch your best secondary pitch. When he was in the minors they were giving his curve a 65 or 70 on a regular basis. 

Edited by Jack Parkman