Blue Jays @ Sox 7/29/18

Bazox

22 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Blown games in the 8th and 9th shows where some concentration needs to be directed in the rebuild 

Not really. The bullpen prospects are actually likely the best of our whole system, collectively. One bad game, in which only one of the relievers who pitched will be here next year, doesn't change that. 

• Haha 1

Pretty sure Moncada and Sanchez could use some down time. Sanchez should work well spelling Anderson and Moncada next season. Not much on the bench this year. 

9 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Not really. The bullpen prospects are actually likely the best of our whole system, collectively. One bad game, in which only one of the relievers who pitched will be here next year, doesn't change that. 

What did people expect to happen when Soria got traded and there was absolutely nothing on the big league roster in terms of a suitable closer replacement?  We saw similar bullpen issues immediately after all the pen guys got traded last year.  

Hard to see this particular game as emblematic of some larger thing. Our ace got us into the 8th with a lead and our star rookie reliever got shelled in the 9th the day after closing one down like it was nothing.

9 minutes ago, pcq said:

Pretty sure Moncada and Sanchez could use some down time. Sanchez should work well spelling Anderson and Moncada next season. Not much on the bench this year. 

I like Sanchez but he shouldn't be playing every single day. Re: Moncada, he was good today so I don't get the timing of that one 

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I like Sanchez but he shouldn't be playing every single day. Re: Moncada, he was good today so I don't get the timing of that one 

I think most of us agree that in a perfect world, Yolmer is your backup IF.

• Like 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic