8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10

joejoedairy

1 minute ago, fathom said:

My god, giving up 5 runs against one of the worst lineups I've ever seen.  No desire to see Shields pitch another game for the White Sox.  He's done enough damage to the organization (except thanks for being the true Tank Commander)

Well, Castellanos is better than anything the Sox are trotting out there today. 

Stupid Sox . No way should Shields have been out there in the 7th. Take the decent 6 innings and leave it at that especially when you are trying to move the guy.

Sorry meant 6th and 5  and even after 3 HR's he's still in there for the 7th.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

17 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Stupid Sox . No way should Shields have been out there in the 7th. Take the decent 6 innings and leave it at that especially when you are trying to move the guy.

Sorry meant 6th and 5  and even after 3 HR's he's still in there for the 7th.

The pen has pitched 20 innings in the last 4 days, and almost 25 over the last 5.  Plus we are down 5, so you let Shields take his 110 or 120. That is why.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

The pen has pitched 20 innings in the last 4 days, and almost 25 over the last 5.  Plus we are down 5, so you let Shields take his 110 or 120. That is why.

Agreed plus he has been going about 7 innings regularly 

2 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Soo 2019 rotation of Rodon Kopech Lopez Giolito annddd...Stephens? Covey? Adams? FA?

Have to figure that they'd add a FA comparable to Santiago even if they were planning to give one of the other guys a full shot.

4 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Soo 2019 rotation of Rodon Kopech Lopez Giolito annddd...Stephens? Covey? Adams? FA?

I think they'll spend money on a free agent pitcher for more than most expect.  Stephens has imploded in AAA of late, so I doubt he'll get a legit chance.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Have to figure that they'd add a FA comparable to Santiago even if they were planning to give one of the other guys a full shot.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the sign Big Game James to another contract at a cheaper price of course