8/23 White Sox at Tigers 12:10

joejoedairy

12 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think they'll spend money on a free agent pitcher for more than most expect.  Stephens has imploded in AAA of late, so I doubt he'll get a legit chance.

With Cease hammering away at AA I think we can confidently state that they won't be spending big time, long term money on a starting pitcher this offseason, and it's not like he's the only one they might be thinking is a candidate for the 2020 rotation.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You know its bad when Engel and LaMarre are your best hitter on the day and Big Lame James if left in to rot on the vine in possibly his last chance to nab a bag of balls for him.

I'm usually not so critical but  almost every time I typed something today the Sox do good.  Rondon hits a 2 run HR after i see AVi hit into a DP and i wrote  my previous post. But Big Lame James didn't let me down at least.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Soo 2019 rotation of Rodon Kopech Lopez Giolito annddd...Stephens? Covey? Adams? FA?

Stephens would be my pick, although the Sox won’t need a 5th starter until April 10. Then from June 3rd to the AS Break, they have 7 scheduled off days. They could keep that 5th spot pretty loose until after the break as far as I’m concerned...hopefully Cease joins in there.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He's already been talking about it in the local paper. It sure sounds like he's on the edge of calling it a career.

Interesting, didn't know that. I guess I can't put myself in his shoes but I feel like he could still be a quality starter for a few seasons 

Just now, flavum said:

Stephens would be my pick, although the Sox won’t need a 5th starter until April 10. Then from June 3rd to the AS Break, they have 7 scheduled off days. They could keep that 5th spot pretty loose until after the break as far as I’m concerned...hopefully Cease joins in there.

I would be at "Robin Ventura" levels of hate for the idea of using Mr. Offday as the 5th starter with a rotation that young.

Just now, flavum said:

They are going to want to spend at least 1/2 season at AAA. He will probably follow the path of Kopech but maybe come up a little earlier. He won't have more than 150 innings this year which a big jump from his previous high of 93. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes I truly believe it happens. Organization loves him.

Not as much as the Twins organization loves him. I can see them signing him back. 

Also, that would really be waving the white flag on elite FAs given that 3B is the most logical spot we'd have to fill. I don't see us needing a FA outfielder or reliever.