8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn

22 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Dylan Covey has 12 losses?  He didn’t even start the year in the majors.  Amazing.

He sucks. Like, really sucks.

I know it was exciting when we thought maybe we had found a diamond in the rough earlier this year, but we did not. I was totally on that optimism train too, but we really should have treated it the same way as getting one of those emails from a Nigerian prince who just needs your checking account number to access his lost fortune, which he will kindly share with you.

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You honestly expect to see Minaya and Covey pitching the last two innings of a close/tie game next year? They’ll be lucky to make the 25 man.

I'm saying it is not beyond a possibility. Especially if the Sox can't get some bullpen arms as free agents. I don't think the Sox are going turn over the bullpen to a half dozen kids out of the minor leagues with little to no experience.

Personally I'd take that gamble given how bad the stiffs they've had in the pen the last two/three years overall have been....but I don't think the Sox would.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

ricky's medical thing gives the sox the perfect way to save face, just pull an urbz and tell everybody he's stepping away for "medical reasons" when in reality he was shitcanned.

I'd be very surprised if it happened. JR's loyalty remember plus a year still on his deal plus if he were outright "fired" (without the medical "excuse") it makes Hahn and Kenny look bad, they vouched for him countless times, they hired him. Saving face is important in the organization remember unfortunately.

He should not be the manager when they are good...but if this organization wouldn't fire Ventura after all the goofiness, if it took two years of Ozzie complaining about his contract and mailing it in before they agreed to let him go, they actually extended the doofus Terry Bevington...they won't unload Ricky.

Edited by Lip Man 1

Unless he wants to leave on his own, I’m expecting Renteria to finish out three years and then Vizquel takes over after a year in Birmingham. Just a guess. But...

Shildt got the Cardinals job, so Girardi has one less potential spot, so if the Sox want him and he’s interested, you never know. 

47 minutes ago, flavum said:

Unless he wants to leave on his own, I’m expecting Renteria to finish out three years and then Vizquel takes over after a year in Birmingham. Just a guess. But...

Shildt got the Cardinals job, so Girardi has one less potential spot, so if the Sox want him and he’s interested, you never know

We know. The Sox don't like to hire experienced managers or those outside the organization.

7 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

You honestly expect to see Minaya and Covey pitching the last two innings of a close/tie game next year? They’ll be lucky to make the 25 man.

I would expect them on the team next year. Now 2020 I doubt. Unless they sign some high leverage guys this offseason (not sure I see them doing that yet).

Edited by soxfan2014

7 hours ago, BlackSox13 said:

Good ones. I'm thinking SOS from Motely Crue.

Thanks not bad yourself though I'm more familiar with SOS by ABBA :P I posted a few more musical ones. When Minaya was brought in I asked Why Why Why Minaya as a tribute/parody to the old Tom Jones song Why Why Why Delilah and when Betances came in I said we get Betances and the Yanks get God Only Knows  (old Beach Boys song).

I had another one ready to go when Gardner led off with a triple and then SHields got 2 straight pop outs and I thought he'd get out of the inning but then gave up the HR. I even had it all typed up and ready to go, You Don't Mess Around with Jim , the old JIm Croce song but I had to scratch it once he gave up the HR .

Oh i just remembered when the Sox were leading I said I know I said let there be light but I didn''t expect to be Blinded BY The Light ( The hit song by Manfred Mann's Earth Band written by Springsteen and Lil Wayne sampled the Manfred Mann version for his version.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
fix typo