KW: "It's a shame" the Sox are being portrayed as cheap

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Lauri Markannen just finished February averaging 26 and 12 but sure you got it

He's accumulated good numbers on a horrible basketball team. Plenty of guys in the NBA have great months on shit basketball teams.  

The Bulls are 17-45, and someone wants to claim they have 4 average to above average NBA players.

Markkanen isn't bad and looks like an NBA starter for years to come. An impact star on a title competing team? I'll by that when he can get a team to 25 wins in a season. One player in basketball can do a lot with a very little. New York and Phoenix are the only two teams in the entire NBA that are worse off. Cleveland is neck and neck.

More nonsense, they thought San Diego was bluffing and they stood their ground, cheap ground.  The threw 45 million away on 6 1.0 war average players and dumped 6 0.9 war players who would have cost 15 million.  Just sell the team and clean house , too bad the team is worth little right now and still cash cow for Jerry .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Don't worry they'll present some scout or coach as the scapegoat.

Here’s what will happen.  If the young guys continue to struggle, the front office will finally fire a member of the coaching and lay blame all on them.  If the young guys struggle in 2020, Renteria probably becomes the scapegoat.  We basically have to be dogshit bad two or three  years from now for there to be any chance of a change up top.  These clowns might as well be Supreme Court justices because they have jobs for life as long as they can put together a regular 2nd or 3rd place team.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

More nonsense, they thought San Diego was bluffing and they stood their ground, cheap ground.  The threw 45 million away on 6 1.0 war average players and dumped 6 0.9 war players who would have cost 15 million.  Just sell the team and clean house , too bad the team is worth little right now and still cash cow for Jerry .

Narvaez was well over 2, and Avi was in 2018.  Odds are the "Sox exiles" are more like the lions than the Christians in Rome.

15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Horrible take. You clearly don't pay attention to the bulls much. They have been killed by injuries. At least Garpax has a really solid draft resume. Much better than Rick and Kenny. They hit much more than other GMs. He also shafted the wolves in the Jimmy Butler trade. 

Once again, name me the last player the Bulls hit in after Jimmy Butler. 

Killed by injuries. Puhleeze man. They are absolutely awful. They've had injuries to bad players who were bad when they came back. They're 7-18 since the turn of the New Year - they started out with a lot of injuries but have gotten healthier and are still awful. Here is every pick since Butler: (Obviously, sub Markannen in because of the trade)

Year Round Pick Name Nationality College/HS/club
2018 1 7 Wendell Carter 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Duke University
2018 1 22 Chandler Hutchison 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Boise State University
2017 1 16 Justin Patton 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Creighton University
2017 2 38 Jordan Bell 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Oregon
2016 1 14 Denzel Valentine 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Michigan State University
2016 2 48 Paul Zipser 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany Bayern Munich (Germany)
2015 1 22 Bobby Portis 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Arkansas
2014 1 16 Jusuf Nurkić 23px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg. Bosnia and Herzegovina Cedevita Zagreb (Croatia)
2014 1 19 Gary Harris 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Michigan State University
2014 2 49 Cameron Bairstow 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia University of New Mexico
2013 1 20 Tony Snell 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of New Mexico
2013 2 49 Erik Murphy 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Finland
University of Florida
2012 1 29 Marquis Teague 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Kentucky
2011 1 28 Norris Cole 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Cleveland State University

Nurkic was traded - he's a nice NBA player. Besides that, come on... They had a nice run before with Butler, Rose and Taj - it bought them some extra years. They haven't hit on a player since - you like Markannen, I'm not sold on any talent on a 15 win team.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Here’s what will happen.  If the young guys continue to struggle, the front office will finally fire a member of the coaching and lay blame all on them.  If the young guys struggle in 2020, Renteria probably becomes the scapegoat.  We basically have to be dogshit bad two or three  years from now for there to be any chance of a change up top.  These clowns might as well be Supreme Court justices because they have jobs for life as long as they can put together a regular 2nd or 3rd place team.

The odds here are about the same in terms of getting rid of JR/KW/Hahn.

The only Supreme Court justice to be impeached by the House of Representatives was Samuel Chase in 1804. He was accused of allowing his political bias to influence his decision on the high court. The final straw came in 1803, when he chastised a U.S. circuit court in Maryland. He gave a grand jury charge after the court granted universal male suffrage. Chase also condemned the court for repealing the Judiciary Act of 1801.

The House voted to impeach Chase in March of 1804. During his trial before the Senate in 1805, Chase argued that he could only be removed from the bench for an indictable offense, not for judgement errors or behavior. The Senate agreed and he was exonerated.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's accumulated good numbers on a horrible basketball team. Plenty of guys in the NBA have great months on shit basketball teams.  

The Bulls are 17-45, and someone wants to claim they have 4 average to above average NBA players.

Markkanen isn't bad and looks like an NBA starter for years to come. An impact star on a title competing team? I'll by that when he can get a team to 25 wins in a season. One player in basketball can do a lot with a very little. New York and Phoenix are the only two teams in the entire NBA that are worse off. Cleveland is neck and neck.

Perfectly describes Yoan Moncada so far as well.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

Sums it up 

PHILLIES: We added four 2018 All-Stars to our team this season, looking into Craig Kimbrel. WHITE SOX: We added one 1.0 WAR player to the seven we had last season, looking into relegation.

Maybe they can just fold the White Sox/Tigers/Royals all together into one franchise that splits the season into 27 home games in each of those three cities.

Remember in 2000-01 when MLB was seriously considering pushing the Twins to fold up...well, we're not that far away if this rebuilding effort falls flat.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I really don't think you have enough energy to sustain that storyline for another 12 months...even then, the responses will be, Bumgarner's arm/shoulder/elbow will fall off (another Peavy or Danks, basically) and Goldschmidt will suddenly lose his bat speed converting to the AL and turn into Adam Dunn Version 2.0.

I don’t mean this in a positive way.  I’m just saying these are the caliber of stars we can look forward to...guys on the wrong side 30 and/or with huge red flags.

Also, I find it fascinating we need all this money to lock up this great young core that doesn’t even exist, but even if god allows Moncada or Jimenez to develop into a legit star our chances of retaining them are slim to none based on what we were willing to pay for Machado.

10 minutes ago, bryank1202 said:

Sums it up 

PHILLIES: We added four 2018 All-Stars to our team this season, looking into Craig Kimbrel. WHITE SOX: We added one 1.0 WAR player to the seven we had last season, looking into relegation.

It has to be one of the worst offseasons in baseball history that didn’t actually involve selling off pieces.

1 hour ago, Whitesox27 said:

I wish a girl liked me as much as Jerry Reinsdorf likes not spending money.

Me too. 

Anyway, GarPax are more compentent than tweedledee and tweedledumb in the Sox front office. We should make a Dumb and Dumber with Hahn and Kenny. 

I'm embarrassed to have bought WSD's Hahn shirt. I'm going to wear it with a circle with a line through it around his face and the words FIRE above his name. 

Before this offseason, I thought that Kenny was overruling Hahn and telling him how to do his job. Now, I think he's just as much of a clown as Kenny is. 

Edited by Jack Parkman