KW: "It's a shame" the Sox are being portrayed as cheap

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Of course it is. Hahn is Baghdad Bob trying to defend these decisions. At least KW is a little honest or at least makes every completely inept decision they make burn all the more.

I'd rather have bulls*** legalese from Rick Hahn than Kenny Williams telling the fan base how much we suck just because we don't understand how hard it is to finish in 4th place.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Of course it is. Hahn is Baghdad Bob trying to defend these decisions. At least KW is a little honest or at least makes every completely inept decision they make burn all the more.

Honest? He's talking in circles and contradicting himself every sentence. How is he being honest?

He says Machados deal was for the most money and the biggest one, and then says but they couldn't extend themselves to the Padres offer level... even though he claimed their offer was better than the Padres. If you think Kenny Williams is anything but a moron, I don't know what to tell you at this point.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Honest? He's talking in circles and contradicting himself every sentence. How is he being honest?

He says Machados deal was for the most money and the biggest one, and then says but they couldn't extend themselves to the Padres offer level... even though he claimed their offer was better than the Padres. If you think Kenny Williams is anything but a moron, I don't know what to tell you at this point.

Exactly the point. Kenny Williams honesty gives us insight into how inept our front office is. This is what they actually believe. It's great. 

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Exactly the point. Kenny Williams honesty gives us insight into how inept our front office is. This is what they actually believe. It's great. 

The fact that they keep letting him talk is also insight into how inept they are..

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why?

How about the entire PR and marketing department for not stopping him?

By defending JR like a mafia don's henchman, you just lit your own loyal fanbase/customers on fire and asked them to enjoy the privilege of being betrayed yet again.

Some organization!

As Fathom said, maybe the single worst aspect of the last 10+ days and counting.

I wish they could unearth an internal document proving they had no intention of signing either player, that it was just a subterfuge or ploy to hawk season tickets to gullible fans who actually believed in their front office again, despite all the setbacks starting last year with Burger in spring training and culminating in the Kopech TJS.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Hopefully this sways those last few people thinking of heading to the ballpark this year to reconsider.this franchise doesn’t deserve your money. 

Imagines what conceivable track Southsider2k5 is going to take about "blaming Sox fans" after KW's latest PR gaffe.  Commenting now is like putting yourself in the eye of the perfect storm, at least half of it "self~induced" by the Sox to use a classic Hawkism.

PS  Benetti is going to be crucified this year...no matter what approach he takes with the humor.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I'd rather have bulls*** legalese from Rick Hahn than Kenny Williams telling the fan base how much we suck just because we don't understand how hard it is to finish in 4th place.

I'd rather have neither. This is like asking someone if they would rather have the shit sandwich or the piss soup. 

So about that billboard, here’s a link to gofundme if someone is willing to set one up.  I guarantee we could get $10k easy before the end of the weekend.

https://www.gofundme.com/how-it-works

Someone should definitely do this!  As I mentioned before, I am happy to contribute money towards this, just don’t have have the bandwidth to manage it right now.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So about that billboard, here’s a link to gofundme if someone is willing to set one up.  I guarantee we could get $10k easy before the end of the weekend.

Someone should definitely do this!  As I mentioned before, I am happy to contribute money towards this, just don’t have have the bandwidth to manage it right now.

My idea: someone design a Jerry Reinsdorf clown t-shirt and donate all the proceeds from the sales to charity.

1 minute ago, Whitesox27 said:

My idea: someone design a Jerry Reinsdorf clown t-shirt and donate all the proceeds from the sales to charity.

Why don’t we start a billboard to advertise the t-shirts?  A well placed billboard will get headlines, t-shirts will be a tough sell without some momentum.

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If someone could actually prove they could pull that off I’d be more than willing to throw I few bones. I was saying the same thing about the billboard on the train overpass on 35th street a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why don’t we start a billboard to advertise the t-shirts?  A well placed billboard will get headlines, t-shirts will be a tough sell without some momentum.

If I tried to organize it from here in China, I'd probably get caught up in some corrupt foreign powers/influence act...lol...the White Sox would just blame "Communist agitators" for trying to stir up trouble.

Maybe I can just collect monies from all the kids wearing Sox hats that don't even have a clue it's an American baseball team (they have many MLB shoppes in the malls here, selling almost all NY Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox and Cubs stuff, 85-90% NYY...but lots of pirated/fake/knockoff hats.)

12 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I just wish Kenny would stop with the BS and simply go far, far away. He's an embarrassment.

Send him to Idaho, that'll teach 'im.  About the closest to exile is Great Falls in the Pioneer League, that managing gig for mid June/July/August.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

We paid Alonso, Jay, Nova and McCann almost the same money as Bryce Harper. Don’t call us cheap, call us shit brains.

You’re paying almost double for the useless mopes they added than Harper will be making this year

Edited by mqr

The difference between Kenny and Rick:

"We are going to get by this," Hahn said. "There are a lot of exciting things happening in this organization. This was never about one individual. Much like an injury setback, it hurts. But you try to build something deep enough and strong enough and sustainable enough that it can survive an injury or missing out here or there.

"We still have work to do. We know that. Just continue to put our nose down and put ourselves in the best position for the long term."

It honestly sounds to me like Rick Hahn is pissed off with the organization. I have felt this way since this all went down. Rick feels betrayed. He said things that he was told and thought that ownership didnt cash. He looks like a complete moron because of that. Kenny is Jerry's lapdog and he's defending Jerry until the end but Rick doesnt seem as all in with accepting Jerry's financial choices. It doesn't excuse Rick but I feel like hes made it very clear that this wasnt what he wanted.

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It honestly sounds to me like Rick Hahn is pissed off with the organization. I have felt this way since this all went down. Rick feels betrayed. He said things that he was told and thought that ownership didnt cash. He looks like a complete moron because of that. Kenny is Jerry's lapdog and he's defending Jerry until the end but Rick doesnt seem as all in with accepting Jerry's financial choices. It doesn't excuse Rick but I feel like hes made it very clear that this wasnt what he wanted.

If this is true he should resign and go hang with Preller in SD. 

• Like 1