'Why isn't there a game thread?" - White Sox vs Tigers, 7:10 PM

ron883

Just now, Dick Allen said:

DFA Alonso

Looks to me like they are hell-bent on Alonso earning the option so he doesn't hit the open market, so they'll have a 1B next year without having to do any work.

There's got to be some reason he's had one whole day off all season. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This fucking organization is too stupid to realize that. Hopefully he escaped major injury. Rodon has been so awful today 

Yeah he has, not only has hos awful performance cost the game, it's cost an injury to one of the most important players on the team, and our bullpen suffers.

Just now, GreenSox said:

Looks to me like they are hell-bent on Alonso earning the option so he doesn't hit the open market, so they'll have a 1B next year without having to do any work.

There's got to be some reason he's had one whole day off all season. 

This.  The friends and family plan is working well.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

It feels like the baseball gods have decided to smite this rebuild 

It feels like we are a lot father behind in the rebuild process than the royals and tigers. A lot of players keep saying this team will surprise this year, said same thing last year, really? Where is the surprise? 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It feels like the baseball gods have decided to smite this rebuild 

Teams make their own smite:  no accountability, refuse to use state of the art techniques, friends and buddies instead of top professions.

Just now, Scoots said:

It feels like we are a lot father behind in the rebuild process than the royals and tigers. A lot of players keep saying this team will surprise this year, said same thing last year, really? Where is the surprise? 

There would have been so much excitement behind this had Kopech been healthy this year. 

Just now, GreenSox said:

Teams make their own smite:  no accountability, refuse to use state of the art techniques, friends and buddies instead of top professions.

No argument here. I've been the one saying that Hahn and Kenny wrere GarPax before GarPax was GarPax. They're a couple of buffoons. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

For those unable to watch, what just happened?

Eloy tried robbing a home run that was way over his head and his ankle bent awkwardly when he jumped into the fence. He jumped foot first into the fence.

Looked like a sprain to me, he was walking gingerly

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

There would have been so much excitement behind this had Kopech been healthy this year. 

Yeah no kidding. With Eloy now probably out another week at least this just feels like a repeat of last year, without the excitement of anyone coming up besides Cease who has a history of injury concerns himself.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

No argument here. I've been the one saying that Hahn and Kenny wrere GarPax before GarPax was GarPax. They're a couple of buffoons. 

I still feel like I've got you beat, was calling for Hahn's replacement after 1 season of the RH experience. 

Just now, Scoots said:

Yeah no kidding. With Eloy now probably out another week at least this just feels like a repeat of last year, without the excitement of anyone coming up besides Cease who has a history of injury concerns himself.

That looks much longer than a week