May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I can't believe how Moncada and Anderson can't hit the O's pitching staff. Makes me a little concerned about the remainder of the season for both players. They both struggled in Baltimore, and now at home too. I was about to gloat about Moncada to my buddies, and now I'm going to hold off for another month. 

Frank Thomas was a career .248 hitter vs the Cubs in 131 plate appearances. 

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Frank Thomas was a career .248 hitter vs the Cubs in 131 plate appearances. 

He also didn't play the Cubs in his prime. Bad example. Try again. Interleague didn't start until 1998. Frank's best years were 1991-97

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Greg Hibbard said:

So 2000 wasn’t Frank’s prime? Ok. 

2000 was Frank's last great year. Go look at his 1998 and 1999 and get back to me. He wasn't the same guy after 97. Injuries and his big mouth were culprits. 

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

You‘re talking about 25 plate appearances. This is one of the strangest points I have seen argued here recently.

I get what you mean about small sample sizes, but the entire season is a small sample size at this point so that is my point. It is a small sample within a small sample. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

2000 was Frank's last great year. Go look at his 1998 and 1999 and get back to me. He wasn't the same guy after 97. Injuries and his big mouth were culprits. 

In 2004 Frank Thomas had a .997 OPS. In 2003 he had a .952. They weren’t his best years, but they were way way way way better than most players in the league. 

Just now, fathom said:

Sox pitching has thrown 63 fastballs and have 3 swing and misses.  Not nearly enough high fastballs against a young hitting team.

Fry and Rodon being primarily breaking ball pitchers will skew this a little bit, but you‘re right.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Finding non-horrible overall outfielders shouldn’t be this difficult 

I swear...I don't think I've ever seen him come even remotely close on one of this throws ever.  I might be cherry picking and all...but geezus.  Great glove.  Pathetic arm.

I'm so ready for La Pantera...

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

And what has this to do with how Anderson and Moncada have fared against the Orioles?

Nothing, I was arguing about you saying that Frank sucked against the Cubs. He wasn't the same guy when they started playing the Cubs. This has nothing to do with TA/YM