***Day 3 MLB Draft Thread Rounds 11-40***

ChiSoxJon

5 hours ago, mqr said:

Maybe this is just me, but going to the minors on 22nd round money seems really irresponsible. 

$125k in the bank + scholarship from the Sox >>> small chance of becoming a top pick down the line

On 6/6/2019 at 4:09 PM, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, Hostetler said they offer their HS draftees college tuition if baseball doesn't work for them. 

Believe all teams do

On 6/6/2019 at 4:14 PM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Every team does.  It's called the MLB Scholarship Program.  And it's not just for HS players.  JC and college Jr's also get school attached to their signing bonus.  

Yup, that's awesome

First time I remember reading about that was when Trevor May was in A ball years ago

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

So why don't more HS draftees sign then? Do they just not think they're ready for pro ball? 

I'd imagine a lot bet on themselves to get picked (and paid) much higher in 2-3 years or they don't necessarily need the $ right then and there.  Maybe they're one of the lucky ones with full rides. Or it could be that they don't feel ready to get in to pro ball at that point in their lives. Or maybe they want to get the "college experience" . Just since guesses on my part.