GT Chicago vs Chicago, 6/19/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No need, as I’m confident they’ll acquire someone better than Puig.  But hell, I’m fine with Puig in RF on the cheap if they want to add Cole and a couple other impact free agents.

Also, what’s your payroll prediction for next year?  $80M?

Re-sign Abreu, sign Puig, Wood/Wheeler, and some relievers.  Possibly extend McCann.

They will go more quantity over less players of quality as is their MO.  Tier 2 and 3 free agents.  They will also attempt to extend more of their young players and use this as an excuse for not spending more money.  Hahn has already used this excuse so don’t get mad at me.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Leadoff double and then only 3 guys end up hitting that inning.  How often does that happen? 

We just continue to play dumb baseball.  

Dropped pop ups, bad OF routes, Interferance, getting hit running out of the box, caught stealing 3B with no outs. 

Just so much dumbness.  And by the sound of it people are still comfortable in their jobs.  

We play like the .480 team we are (so far).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Re-sign Abreu, sign Puig, Wood/Wheeler, and some relievers.  Possibly extend McCann.

They will go more quantity over less players of quality as is their MO.  Tier 2 and 3 free agents.  They will also attempt to extend more of their young players and use this as an excuse for not spending more money.  Hahn has already used this excuse so don’t get mad at me.

That’s like an $80M payroll which is less than this year.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That’s like an $80M payroll which is less than this year.

That’s where my last sentence comes into play.  Hahn will mention needing to keep money available to potentially extend their homegrown players.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

That’s where my last sentence comes into play.  Hahn will mention needing to keep money available to potentially extend their homegrown players.

You seriously can’t believe this nonsense right?  This is all just an act?  Because no one could possibly believe the guy who said “the money will be spent” and that we “unprecedented economic flexibility” is going to turn around 12 months later when we have a cheap and controllable promising young core in place and pull a complete 180.  I get being skeptical of landing a whale, but this is just irrational thought.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic