2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

Shaq Harrison is light years better than Valentine.

They both suck. It's like arguing for a giant douche or a turd sandwich. Personally, I'd rather just start Coby at PG and shift Sato to SF but we know Boylen won't do that. Hell... give Dunn some rub if you don't want to expose the rookie just yet.

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

They both suck. It's like arguing for a giant douche or a turd sandwich. Personally, I'd rather just start Coby at PG and shift Sato to SF but we know Boylen won't do that. Hell... give Dunn some rub if you don't want to expose the rookie just yet. 

You're right lol.  Dunn has been good in his bench role.  That's what I thought he could be.  A solid/reliable bench guy, almost like a Ronnie Brewer type.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

You're right lol.  Dunn has been good in his bench role.  That's what I thought he could be.  A solid/reliable bench guy, almost like a Ronnie Brewer type.

Yup. He's reminding me of Marcus Smart this year. He's been damn good.

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Boylen is about to lose Lavine and when that happens, it is gonna be ugly.   The KC Johnson tweets after the game when he was interviewing Lavine we're not good

He played bad but so did Lauri. Lavine plays hard at least. Lauri is a total bum. Dude looks disinterested 

That was insane. Notice Lauri not in game. Dude is just terrible. No effort most nights. Something is wrong with him. 

White had a nice game and I should add Santo passes up way too many open looks. Because of it he is just about as bad as Lauri for the Bulls right now. Starting lineup needs a shakeup. 

6 hours ago, bmags said:

Last night was fun but man the rotations and subs boylen makes are so terrible. 

Lauri has been toast since that 4 OT game last year. Really wonder if he has a condition. He’s been awful.

It was a hell of a gamble Boylen took down the stretch. After a 13-point 3rd quarter, he says screw the defense I'm going with 4 guards to try to get some offense. And, of course, the defense was indeed screwed down the stretch (allowing 41 points in the 4th) by playing so small...but they did get 47 points in the 4th quarter as well.

And yes, the main problem with the team in my view is Lauri. I don't think his effort level is low, but something's wrong with him. I don't know if it's physical, mental, or what. I remember hearing he was going vegetarian at one point, so I always wonder if he's not actually well-nourished for the grind of the season. But if he just made open outside shots, we wouldn't really be talking about this. His shooting problem may very well be physical, but I don't know that it's physical in the sense that if he got stronger/healthier it would improve...it might just be technical.

36 minutes ago, Jake said:

It was a hell of a gamble Boylen took down the stretch. After a 13-point 3rd quarter, he says screw the defense I'm going with 4 guards to try to get some offense. And, of course, the defense was indeed screwed down the stretch (allowing 41 points in the 4th) by playing so small...but they did get 47 points in the 4th quarter as well.

And yes, the main problem with the team in my view is Lauri. I don't think his effort level is low, but something's wrong with him. I don't know if it's physical, mental, or what. I remember hearing he was going vegetarian at one point, so I always wonder if he's not actually well-nourished for the grind of the season. But if he just made open outside shots, we wouldn't really be talking about this. His shooting problem may very well be physical, but I don't know that it's physical in the sense that if he got stronger/healthier it would improve...it might just be technical.

I haven't watched a ton but it seems like every game I have watch Lauri has missed a dunk or got out-muscled on a shot at the rim

21 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I haven't watched a ton but it seems like every game I have watch Lauri has missed a dunk or got out-muscled on a shot at the rim

Lauri has taken a number of very ill-advised attempts at dunks where I doubt he could have made them even without the defender due to his distance from the basket. Refs not eager to bail him out because of it although my only guess is he's trying to dunk rather than shoot to initiate more contact